Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ray240 handset coil cable: where to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Any suggestions welcome!

For the curly cable try enquiring with Raymarine UK (or where you are) . They may offer a fixed price repair service providing the handset is otherwise functional.

Or if that fails , curly cables can be purchased without fittings (but probably not the correct fitting but perhaps a modification could be made).
    https://www.kcb.co.uk/shop2/contents/en-uk/d46.html
    By the way I found the above a good value source for antenna cables made up to the length I wanted .

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    For the curly cable try enquiring with Raymarine UK (or where you are) . They may offer a fixed price repair service providing the handset is otherwise functional.
    Yes

I started a thread recently asking for advice about a defective handset cable for an old Raymarine VHF radio. It being an obsolete model, I automatically assumed that Raymarine would not be interested. Eventually I contacted their service department and found that a new cable could be fitted at a very reasonable price.
    " Brexit is like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    Or if that fails , curly cables can be purchased without fittings (but probably not the correct fitting but perhaps a modification could be made).
    https://www.kcb.co.uk/shop2/contents/en-uk/d46.html
    By the way I found the above a good value source for antenna cables made up to the length I wanted .
    LOL, you are lakesailoring petem, according to rule 4-b.
    I'll refrain from thanking you, just to avoid a "crash", as per 5-a...

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.
    I think I have by now a clear enough picture to give to the friend of mine whose handset cable is shot, and it'll be up to him to choose the route he prefers.
    Cheers everybody!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12