Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Default Re: SNSM lifeboat lost

Quote Originally Posted by Bajansailor View Post
    The Baltic Workboats folk in Estonia claim to have patented this type of hull form with the 'beak' - maybe they have licensed it to a French builder as well re the new lifeboat.

https://bwb.ee/
    That would appear to contradict what is written in these two articles.

https://www.hartmarine.com.au/take-a-bow/

https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne...-peche-2090253

In the first Pantocarene has licensed Hartmarine to use the Pantocarene hull and, in the second, it proclaims that they are at the origin of the design.

Source "Ouest France"

À Port-Navalo, l'architecte naval Didier Marchand planche sur un trimaran de pêche de 21 mètres, insubmersible et économe en carburant.

L'initiative

En France, la pêche a le blues. Pour survivre, elle a besoin d'idées nouvelles, de bâtiments plus économes en carburant, plus sûrs, plus confortables et plus polyvalents. Didier Marchand, architecte naval basé à Port-Navalo, à Arzon, a des idées et des projets innovants.

Il est à l'origine de la carène à rostre, qui empêche l'embarcation de rebondir sur les vagues. Elle les traverse allègrement, même à trente noeuds. Le concept a été breveté en 1995. « Rien à voir avec le comportement semi-planant très inconfortable des vedettes de fabrication anglaise, alors largement répandues dans le monde », précise-t-il. (NB I did not write this article...!!!)

Aujourd'hui, Pantocarène a bouté les Anglais hors de France dit avec un rien de malice et beaucoup de fierté Didier Marchand. Son carnet de commandes est plein, le rostre équipe les pilotes, les douanes, la gendarmerie maritime, la SNSM et il dessine pour des chantiers en France, en Australie, au Canada, en Grande-Bretagne, Allemagne, Belgique, Norvège.

Insubmersible et auto-redressable

Les carènes à rostre sont présentes en France sur une vingtaine de bateaux de pêche d'une longueur de 9 à 12 mètres.

Pantocarène imagine aussi des innovations, souvent peu visibles, qui viennent sans cesse améliorer la vie des équipages et leur efficacité dans leurs missions."
    Last edited by Sybarite; 12-06-19 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    That would appear to contradict what is written in these two articles.

https://www.hartmarine.com.au/take-a-bow/

https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne...-peche-2090253

In the first Pantocarene has licensed Hartmarine to use the Pantocarene hull and, in the second, it proclaims that they are at the origin of the design.

Source "Ouest France"

À Port-Navalo, l'architecte naval Didier Marchand planche sur un trimaran de pêche de 21 mètres, insubmersible et économe en carburant.

L'initiative

En France, la pêche a le blues. Pour survivre, elle a besoin d'idées nouvelles, de bâtiments plus économes en carburant, plus sûrs, plus confortables et plus polyvalents. Didier Marchand, architecte naval basé à Port-Navalo, à Arzon, a des idées et des projets innovants.

Il est à l'origine de la carène à rostre, qui empêche l'embarcation de rebondir sur les vagues. Elle les traverse allègrement, même à trente noeuds. Le concept a été breveté en 1995. « Rien à voir avec le comportement semi-planant très inconfortable des vedettes de fabrication anglaise, alors largement répandues dans le monde », précise-t-il. (NB I did not write this article...!!!)

Aujourd'hui, Pantocarène a bouté les Anglais hors de France dit avec un rien de malice et beaucoup de fierté Didier Marchand. Son carnet de commandes est plein, le rostre équipe les pilotes, les douanes, la gendarmerie maritime, la SNSM et il dessine pour des chantiers en France, en Australie, au Canada, en Grande-Bretagne, Allemagne, Belgique, Norvège.

Insubmersible et auto-redressable

Les carènes à rostre sont présentes en France sur une vingtaine de bateaux de pêche d'une longueur de 9 à 12 mètres.

Pantocarène imagine aussi des innovations, souvent peu visibles, qui viennent sans cesse améliorer la vie des équipages et leur efficacité dans leurs missions."
    Sybarite, this is an English thread opened to pay our collective respects to the tragic loss of three brave men and for those who wish to offer whatever they can to help their respective families in whatever capacity they can. I know many of us have and even more will - in many many aspects of life, finances, and other.

The French investigators will in due course release their findings and I very much doubt any of us can trump their formidable expertise.

Would the honourable thing not be to wait for them, and if you must start another thread for these ding dongs? It would be nice to just let this thread develop into something respectful, positive, and appreciative.
    Last edited by dom; 12-06-19 at 19:36.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    Sybarite, this is an English thread opened to pay our collective respects to the tragic loss of three brave men and for those who wish to offer whatever they can to help their respective families in whatever capacity they can. I know many of us have and even more will - in many many aspects of life, finances, and other.

The French investigators will in due course release their findings and I very much doubt any of us can trump their formidable expertise.

Would the honourable thing not be to wait for them, and if you must start another thread for these ding dongs? It would be nice to just let this thread develop into something respectful, positive, and appreciative.
    My response in no way diminishes my respect for those who were lost.

However a parallel discussion opened (which I did not instigate) on the question of the pantocarene hull. Somebody mentionned that an Estonian company claimed the patent for this design which conflicted with what I understood.

I therefore posted the alternative claims. I don't know which is correct, though I suspect that it is the French claim because of their visibility on the international scene.

This has no bearing on the the outcome of expert claims. The cause would appear to be fairly clear to me : ie a large breaking wave staving in the windows and flooding the boat. Again this is only based on what the survivors said - but they could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    To be fair, I don't see that. All I see is people using this thread to have a go a Sybarite.
    Agree, it seems his known interest in and support for the SNSM seems to arouse a kneejerk in those who do not share it, shame.

Many of you must visit the area. Money, mouths springs to mind.
    https://www.snsm.org/cagnotte-pour-l...sables-dolonne

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678