Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hudson Marine

Default Hudson Marine

Hi
    Sorry if this sounds like blatant advertising. I would like to say that i am just a happy customer and have no affiliation etc etc.
    I have just handed over several buckets of boat tokens to Dave at Hudson Marine in Mercury harbour. In return i have received not only a lot of shiny electronics and gizmos but also an enormous amount of advice. David not only told us the best/ cheapest way to achieve what we desired from the electronics package but also went so far as to actually lay out all the kit on the shop floor and demonstrate where all the cables and connectors connected. He is also going to check my installation when i ( think) i am finished and check that all is working as it should.
    He has definitely gone beyond the realms of ‘normal’ customer service and I believe that such an effort deserves recognition.
    So, if you are looking to upgrade or replace your electronics i can highly recommend Hudson Marine.
    Dave

Default Re: Hudson Marine

I’m afraid I mostly buy stuff like this on “best price available online”.

Hudson not-infrequently win that one too, though, so I would second your endorsement

Pete

I have not had many dealings with them, but I must say that all that I have had have been positive experiences.

I am in “hover” mode at the moment wondering whether or not to upgrade my whole boat.

He has been helpful on the phone and his website is very clear to the point of being able to view PDF operating manuals for the items I have looked at.

I think I've "+1"-ed similar posts before but doesn't harm to do it again. David is knowledgeable, gives sound advice and follows up on things. Hudson pull off the trick of being a quality traditional full-service marine electronics outfit with Interweb pricing. All the boat electronics I've bought over the past 9 years I've bought from Hudson and they'll be my first stop when I want to upgrade something else.

Yup, Dave is definitely not "normal" - thank goodness!

I am just about to start my third major electronics re-fit with him.
    John Rodriguez Yachts - Cruising & Bluewater Yachts www.jryachts.com

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Another endorsement. Gave me a quote (for a large bucket of boat tokens) at SIBS, then found it and honoured it seven months later with a trivial adjustment for an item that Raymarine had discontinued and replaced with a better one.

Very happy to recommend.

I bought a wheel pilot from them a couple of years ago as the price was better than on-line or Marine Superstore. He was kind enough to even check that the latest software from Raymarine was installed saving me the problem. I thought that on a cold and soggy February Monday morning I would have the place to myself. Nope, lots of customers came and went whilst I was there.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete7; 08-06-19 at 15:57.
    Moody 31

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Ordered some kit from them other week, arrived pretty much the next day after ordering.

Sorry to say that my experience with them has not been nearly as positive. Ranging from"just because we have the item on our web site doesn't men we actually stock it' - direct quote, to some frankly poor advice.

No worse than many electronics dealers but certainly no better,
    Last edited by Elecglitch; 08-06-19 at 19:34.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast