Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Country of Registration / Spec for Caribbean cat?

    Quote Originally Posted by t21 View Post
    Yachtworld website, advanced search is an important website for distant boat-browsing. Seems all dealers get their boats on there, and if it isn't on there, it's likely only for sale privately - not very likely. The 2nd hand cat market in the caribbean is buoyant since hurricanes damaged lotsa boats a couple of years ago.
    Yes I browse Yachtworld - do you mean 'buoyant' as in active whereby boats sell fairly quickly? I guess it's people with a wad of cash in their pockets from insurance payouts?
    It's not my fault if people choose to take me seriously.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    boat Trindad
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: Country of Registration / Spec for Caribbean cat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Bottom View Post
    Yes I browse Yachtworld - do you mean 'buoyant' as in active whereby boats sell fairly quickly? I guess it's people with a wad of cash in their pockets from insurance payouts?
    Yeah buoyant as in the market moves quickly. Perhaps people with insurance payouts, perhaps people (like you?) just fancy the idea anyway. Carib catamaran charter is popular so mainstream 40ft+ cat models aren't much distress/rushed sales at rock bottom prices. Owners version (fewer cabins) are rarer, higher prices. I think the catamaran market is weaker in Europe and there will be proportionally more owners versions although mostly all 240V of course. Shipping a 45' from Europe to carib under £25k.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Country of Registration / Spec for Caribbean cat?

    Quote Originally Posted by t21 View Post
    Yeah buoyant as in the market moves quickly. Perhaps people with insurance payouts, perhaps people (like you?) just fancy the idea anyway. Carib catamaran charter is popular so mainstream 40ft+ cat models aren't much distress/rushed sales at rock bottom prices. Owners version (fewer cabins) are rarer, higher prices. I think the catamaran market is weaker in Europe and there will be proportionally more owners versions although mostly all 240V of course. Shipping a 45' from Europe to carib under £25k.
    That's V. interesting! We paid £54,000 for a Squadron 65 in 1997! Is that one particular company or the going rate across the board?
    It's not my fault if people choose to take me seriously.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    boat Trindad
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: Country of Registration / Spec for Caribbean cat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Bottom View Post
    That's V. interesting! We paid £54,000 for a Squadron 65 in 1997! Is that one particular company or the going rate across the board?
    £54k sounds high. I paid £32k for a 60ft Fontaine Pajot cat with maybe twice the footprint of the squaddie in 2017 shipped from Turkey to Antigua. Peters and May was mine - yours?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Country of Registration / Spec for Caribbean cat?

    Quote Originally Posted by t21 View Post
    £54k sounds high. I paid £32k for a 60ft Fontaine Pajot cat with maybe twice the footprint of the squaddie in 2017 shipped from Turkey to Antigua. Peters and May was mine - yours?
    Yes Peters & May also - Ipswich to Fort Lauderdale - to to be fair that was in a different era before Dock Express et al came along - it was calculated on the number of shipping containers displaced on a standard ship.

    Watching the slingers at FL very nearly drop it 40' down on to the concrete was an ageing process!
    It's not my fault if people choose to take me seriously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to