Default Question about Lewmar Chain Counter (2007 Model)

Gents, could use some assistance. I have a 2007 Formula 400 SS with a Lewmar windlass. There are controls for up and down at the helm and at the bow where the anchor is located. It also has a Lewmar chain counter at the helm station.

But, the chain counter only shows 0.0. I have tried to reset it but not sure what I am doing as I don't have the manual nor can I find anything online. I checked the magnet under the gypsy and it looks great. But, I did go ahead and order a new magnet and sensor kit.

Installed it today but broke the plastic sleeve that the sensor slides into that keeps the sensor flush with the deck. I tried to hold it in place for a test but the chain counter still only will show 0.0. This test was not conclusive but still frustrating.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me? Anyone with this model Lewmar windlass that can point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Question about Lewmar Chain Counter (2007 Model)

I seem to have the same problem mine was working and then stopped and itís on 0 all this time if you can advise how to reset it I would be obliged

I recently fitted something similar to my Nordhavn 43. Try looking at
    http://www.mzelectronic.it
    If you email me on nimbus340@gmail.com I can reply with a scan of my manual

it is either a faulty Reed or broken wiring.

Using a multimeter put a magnet next the the reed and check it closes. You can then run the windlass and see if it pulses. Best in mind a digital meter might not show a momentary pulse. You can however loosen the Guidry and rotate manually to confirm the reed is being triggered by the magnet - it maybe too far away for example. It that works then try the other end of the wires. They are simple devices.

Thanks for the feedback gents. I ordered a kit from Quick USA and will be installing it this weekend. I will report back if it works.