Default After 337 days at sea, Jacob's Pacific Rowboat has arrived in Australia from the USA

I was trying to decide if a rowing boat is more of a sailing boat (re posting in Scuttlebutt) or a motor boat (re the Mobo forum), and decided that this forum is probably the most relevant.

Here is Jacob's website - www.jacobadoram.com

This is truly an amazing achievement - and I doubt that anybody else will be breaking it in the foreseeable future.

Here is a link to the last page (8) of the thread on the Boat Design Forum about Jacob's rowing boat - the thread was started a few years ago by the vessel's designer Eric Sponberg.
    https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/p...t.54346/page-8

Scroll down to post #111 for a post by Eric with some photos of Jacob's arrival in Australia.

Eric's wife has also written an account (with more photos) of his arrival in her excellent Blog -
    https://www.arlissryan.com/waiting-for-jacob/

In comparison, Robin Knox Johnston took 313 days to sail around the world via the Capes in Suhaili in 1968.
    I know that there are various singlehanded sailors who have tried going twice (or even three times) around without stopping - were any of them at sea longer than 337 days?
    Last edited by Bajansailor; 10-06-19 at 01:24.

Default Re: After 337 days at sea, Jacob's Pacific Rowboat has arrived in Australia from the

What an amazing achievement!
    " Brexit is like watching a library being burned down by people who can't read"

Default Re: After 337 days at sea, Jacob's Pacific Rowboat has arrived in Australia from the

The boat looks well thought out with an almost covered rowing position & lots of solar. What a good effort.