Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    3,626

    Default Holland trip - requirements...

    Planning a trip to Holland - do we need CEVNI and ATIS on the vhf? There seems to be some confusion as to wether these are essential. We have the usual ICC, insurance, Rule book, ANWB book, vhf cert. etc

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Grenoble
    Posts
    29,628

    Default Re: Holland trip - requirements...

    If entering the inland waterways you will need the CEVNI endorsement on your ICC you can take the test on line. There are rules over HH VHS transmission power and ATIS for DSC enabled VHF, the latter stuff I didn't bother with but took the CEVNI test which was useful for being able to identify different markers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: Holland trip - requirements...

    Unless the rules have changed recently then assuming you don't have anything particularly fast or large then there is no need for ICC/CEVNI

    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...C-requirements

    According to this thread - larger than 15m/faster than 20km/h
    Last edited by Little Grebe; 10-06-19 at 10:18.
    1534

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    22,015

    Default Re: Holland trip - requirements...

    You are highly unlikely to be caught transgressing any of the rules, which the locals regularly ignore. You are required to have 'the book', not to discharge waste, and the requirements mentioned. We have the necessary certs, and I have ATIS on my handheld because I can then switch it off when not wanted or illegal.

    VHF is very little used inland except for calling bridges, and even then there are often calling 'phones' at the waiting pontoons.

    Take a dictionary.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    544

    Default Re: Holland trip - requirements...

    Quote Originally Posted by johnalison View Post
    You are highly unlikely to be caught transgressing any of the rules, which the locals regularly ignore. You are required to have 'the book', not to discharge waste, and the requirements mentioned. We have the necessary certs, and I have ATIS on my handheld because I can then switch it off when not wanted or illegal.

    VHF is very little used inland except for calling bridges, and even then there are often calling 'phones' at the waiting pontoons.

    Take a dictionary.
    Fully agree. Take a relaxed attitude and be prepared for some good natured ribbing about Brexit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Suffolk/Amsterdam
    Posts
    3,013

    Default Re: Holland trip - requirements...

    + 1 - chill
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tribe View Post
    Fully agree. Take a relaxed attitude and be prepared for some good natured ribbing about Brexit.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Me - Zumerzet Boat - Wareham
    Posts
    12,052

    Default Re: Holland trip - requirements...

    From RYA site
    https://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge-adv...f-the-icc.aspx
    Netherlands
    Coastal: ICC not required
    Inland: ICC required for vessels over 15m in length or capable of more than 20km/h (approx. 11 knots), otherwise not required ^
    ^ Certificates must have been issued prior to 2011 to be valid for vessels over 25m in length.
    But the ^ caveat is hard to understand, as ICC is only valid for five years!
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    773

    Default Re: Holland trip - requirements...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr J Hackett View Post
    If entering the inland waterways you will need the CEVNI endorsement on your ICC you can take the test on line. There are rules over HH VHS transmission power and ATIS for DSC enabled VHF, the latter stuff I didn't bother with but took the CEVNI test which was useful for being able to identify different markers.
    How fast & what length o/all is the OP vessel atis not req

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: Holland trip - requirements...

    Best to pack some proper Tea, our Dutch neighbours prefer week black stuff, and refer to tea with milk as children’s tea.
    Simon

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest YBW News

Find Boats For Sale

to
to