Default Holland trip - requirements...

Planning a trip to Holland - do we need CEVNI and ATIS on the vhf? There seems to be some confusion as to wether these are essential. We have the usual ICC, insurance, Rule book, ANWB book, vhf cert. etc

Default Re: Holland trip - requirements...

If entering the inland waterways you will need the CEVNI endorsement on your ICC you can take the test on line. There are rules over HH VHS transmission power and ATIS for DSC enabled VHF, the latter stuff I didn't bother with but took the CEVNI test which was useful for being able to identify different markers.

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

Unless the rules have changed recently then assuming you don't have anything particularly fast or large then there is no need for ICC/CEVNI

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...C-requirements

According to this thread - larger than 15m/faster than 20km/h
    Last edited by Little Grebe; 10-06-19 at 10:18.

You are highly unlikely to be caught transgressing any of the rules, which the locals regularly ignore. You are required to have 'the book', not to discharge waste, and the requirements mentioned. We have the necessary certs, and I have ATIS on my handheld because I can then switch it off when not wanted or illegal.

VHF is very little used inland except for calling bridges, and even then there are often calling 'phones' at the waiting pontoons.

Take a dictionary.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by johnalison View Post
    You are highly unlikely to be caught transgressing any of the rules, which the locals regularly ignore. You are required to have 'the book', not to discharge waste, and the requirements mentioned. We have the necessary certs, and I have ATIS on my handheld because I can then switch it off when not wanted or illegal.

VHF is very little used inland except for calling bridges, and even then there are often calling 'phones' at the waiting pontoons.

Take a dictionary.
    Fully agree. Take a relaxed attitude and be prepared for some good natured ribbing about Brexit.

+ 1 - chill
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tribe View Post
    Fully agree. Take a relaxed attitude and be prepared for some good natured ribbing about Brexit.

From RYA site
    https://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge-adv...f-the-icc.aspx
    Netherlands
    Coastal: ICC not required
    Inland: ICC required for vessels over 15m in length or capable of more than 20km/h (approx. 11 knots), otherwise not required ^
    ^ Certificates must have been issued prior to 2011 to be valid for vessels over 25m in length.
    But the ^ caveat is hard to understand, as ICC is only valid for five years!
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Fr J Hackett View Post
    If entering the inland waterways you will need the CEVNI endorsement on your ICC you can take the test on line. There are rules over HH VHS transmission power and ATIS for DSC enabled VHF, the latter stuff I didn't bother with but took the CEVNI test which was useful for being able to identify different markers.
    How fast & what length o/all is the OP vessel atis not req

Best to pack some proper Tea, our Dutch neighbours prefer week black stuff, and refer to tea with milk as children’s tea.
    Simon