Default Marinas in Gibraltar

Apologies if this has been covered recently but searched under this title without success.

Currently in Portimao which has been an excellent base for the last year. Propose heading to Gibraltar via Seville and Cadiz and intending to leave the boat in Gib for approx 3 months.

Understand there are three possibles, Queensway Quay, Marina Bay or La Linea, plus Deportivo in Algerciras.

Topic is 13m aluminium hull TSDY, displacement 20mtons.

Can anyone recommend a suitable marina to leave the boat for 3 months with lift out facilities available in case I need a scrub before departure?

Many thanks

Topic

Default Re: Marinas in Gibraltar

Hiya.

There is no Marina in Algecieras for visiting yachts but you can have the boat lifted and stored at Isla Verde boatyard.

La linea is across the border from Gib and a twenty minute walk. I reckon it's probably the best place for you. Has a boat lift and good deals on longer rents. If you go to one of the no services pontoons, better still.

Before departing though, a couple of nights in Marina Bay allows good victualling, chandlery and most importantly, marine diesel with no duty!

I lived on a boat in Gib on and off for many years so do PM if you have any questions, can probably answer most! I'm outa date on Marina costs, though.

Default Re: Marinas in Gibraltar

Many thanks for your prompt response. Exactly the information I needed and will be guided accordingly. Will PM you with other queries I have.