Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Marina Cala del Forte

Anyone know anything about this new marina? Anyone tempted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXy6yRUeSCs

https://caladelforte-ventimiglia.it/facilities

Default Re: Marina Cala del Forte

When I drove past last week it was a building site ........ STILL.

Given that its owned by Monaco Ports and its the next harbour along from Monaco itself, I suspect its going to attract a very well heeled clientele who are happy to pay very high prices to park their boats

Sorry Pete thats another way of saying that its not for the likes of you and me

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Haha, you can add myself to the club!
    Though the stretch of coast between Ventimiglia and Sanremo has a fantastic reputation for its microclimate, I must say.
    Bordighera (which is just round the corner from Ventimiglia) is particularly famous, in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by MapisM View Post
    Haha, you can add myself to the club!
    Though the stretch of coast between Ventimiglia and Sanremo has a fantastic reputation for its microclimate, I must say.
    Bordighera (which is just round the corner from Ventimiglia) is particularly famous, in this respect.
    Maybe but that whole stretch of coast from Monaco to Genoa is IMHO one of the least interesting coastlines in the Med in terms of anchorages although towns like San Remo and Imperia are worth visiting. So if you were berthed in Cala del Forte I'm not sure where you'd go for a lunchtime stop other than Villefranche a few miles to the west and thats going to get boring very quickly

The Ventigmila Port was started before the GFC and went bust. It was then bought out by Monaco Ports for overflow. All the other marinas near Monaco are full and there is a demand for capacity.

I agree with Mikef about the coast, but would say that east of Monaco is Cap Martin (we enjoyed it two weeks ago) and Menton which isn't too bad a town and has Mirazu which just got it's 3rd * this year. It is well worth a visit!

However west of Monaco you have a number of great spots up to and including Nice.

The big problem for Ventigmilia are the lack of connections. The train is good when it runs, but there are issues. Its a 90 min drive from Nice airport and more to Genoa. Ventigmilia has a great market and some very good places to eat, but as the last town on the Italian Boarder with France on the coast has an issue with illegal migrants.

One to watch rather than one to invest in.

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Given that its owned by Monaco Ports and its the next harbour along from Monaco itself, I suspect its going to attract a very well heeled clientele who are happy to pay very high prices to park their boats

You're probably right, but with a rather boring stretch of coastline, a distance from the airport and it not actually being Monaco I do wonder what the demand will be, particularly for more modest craft like my own.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    You're probably right, but with a rather boring stretch of coastline, a distance from the airport and it not actually being Monaco I do wonder what the demand will be, particularly for more modest craft like my own.
    Low on all counts big and “ modest “
    Shane’s touched upon the I word and this time it’s not a boat marque.

It’s actually under an hour from the main airport if the traffic behaves .Thats an issue the E bound part round Nice of the A8 from the airport.
    If you are serious about relocating to the CdA then focus on W of the airport .

There are MC plated cars in every marina car park on the CdA , quite a few where I am because of it’s proximity to the private airport ( heli transfers form MC ) .
    Infact I see just as many maybe more MC plate cars running back wards and forwards well east towards Genoa .
    The owners will either the call boat up or send it on to say Sardinia before flying in / out .
    It’s a different type of use age to just nipping down from your apartment and finding a place for a swim ..
    Having said that many MC residents just do that hence the Riva infestation.Ventimigalia won’t work for that either .
    I think it’s believe it or not more cost effective to keep a super yacht or big boat ( over 125 ft ) in IT .Again some have Heliports nuisance as they are for the rest of us ,
    Last edited by Portofino; 12-06-19 at 14:51.

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    There will be a huge demand simply because it is only a short distance from Monaco and because of the general shortage of berths in that area

Well it can't be that much in demand as there are still berths available!

Anyhow, I'm not particularly interested, although it does look my kind of place.

Saying that, do you think you can get a decent English brekkie with proper sausages and bacon?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast