Default Tidal Thames Moorings

Hi All

I am taking a trip to St Kats in August and will pass Richmond about 7am high tide being about 5am but cant get into st Kats untill 14.40 , we plan a little venture out past the Barrier but will still have a few hours to kill , last time we did it we lost and engine under tower bridge and had to hover around tower bridge on one , not fun. Any ideas for a spot to moor up for a couple of hours downstream of Richmond preferable with breakfast or lunch but doesn't have to?
    We we were thinking Chelsea Harbour pier?

Default Re: Tidal Thames Moorings

Chiswick Pier?

There are very limited options, Imperial Wharf( Chelsea Pier) is good but it seems to be filling up with long term moorings so you will need to ring and check. Further up Chiswick pier is good for a few hours but again might be full.
    You can moor on the back of Tower pier at St Kats but its not very comfortable, or there is the St Kats waiting Bouys.
    Hemitage moorings a bit further down but I'm not sure if they do short stay.
    Thats it I think.

Did you have a broken throttle cable on your previous trip?
    Last edited by No Regrets; 12-06-19 at 12:44.

If a weekend you should be able to stop at Chelsea Harbour Pier - give them a call; we've overnighted there in the past but you can probably stop there for a few hours.
    (During the week the Thames Clippers stop there)
    Otherwise Chiswick Pier allows you to stop for a few hours - not done it myself but it's certainly mentioned on their website.

If you are going past the Thames Barrier you could anchor at Horseshoe Corner.

Hermitage moorings.A WARNING
    Fine if you are a 150 ton 30 metre ex ballast barge but no place to be if you are a small leisure boat.
    Booked in there a few years ago. Managed to stay there for an hour or so before prospect of serious damage to boat by wash from passing craft forced our departure.
    We were tucked inside which you thought would have provided some protection
    Fortunately, St Kats took pity on us, squeezed us in next to the Gloriana on last lock in.
    Last edited by oldgit; 13-06-19 at 07:17.

I was going to suggest Greenwich Yacht Club then thought better of it. Might not work for the timing to get into St Katherine's haven.

It was a bit unclear whether op was going down to the barrier first and back up. If that were the case there would be no need to wait as you could just run down river and turn back as and when.
    Last edited by Outinthedinghy; 13-06-19 at 22:31.