Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Hanford water anchorage

Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Will be at the Walton and Frinton YC Saturday morning after 0900h ��

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk
    Hi Colin,

So will we.

Unlike some previous years, the weather is looking kind - heavy rain over night but as I write, bright sunshine in gentle airs.

Looking forward to meeting up again.✔️
    Last edited by nortada; 20-06-19 at 07:43.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

Quote Originally Posted by Denek View Post
    Thanks for all your advice nortada really appreciate it.
    I have seen visit my Harbour and it appears very useful. We have been sailing for a while now but only really day sailing. We retire ( hopefully) next year and plan to spend more time afloat and we are new to this boat this year having spent three years in America with just a GP 14 to sail. Good fun though. We are trying to get as much sailing in this year as we can but we are also moving house so it’s difficult to fit everything in. We are moving closer to the coast so at least after the move things should be easier.
    Thanks again and maybe see you on the water��
    My pleasure and looking forward to meeting up✔️
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

Thanks for all this guys.
    We cannot really stay on Saturday night as we have be up and leave for home early on Sunday this is why I thought Harwich would be a good option as itís only a short hop to SYH but I will remember for next time. Hopefully we will get to see some of these boats anyway. Mind you we are on a swinging mooring at SYH and quite often are passed by nice traditional boats.
    Hopefully it will be a nice weekend and who knows may see some of you guys on the water.
    Denek,

Your plan mirrors our own, so keep a look out for us at Hamford water. We didn't go there last year, but it used to be a regular haunt.

Andrew
    Andrew

https://www.windfinder.com/weatherfo...on-on-the-naze

Weather is looking better and better for the weekend.

Ideal for Around the Island Race on Saturday so it looks as if the Old Gaffers have, at last, got lucky.
    Last edited by nortada; 21-06-19 at 07:27.

Will look out for you Andrew. What is your boat?
    We are a Scanmar 33 called Genepi.

Hamford water mud is fabulous holding but be warned, it has legs! It's ability to migrate from anchor (which may carry several kilos on retrieval) to deck is legendary, as is it's tenacity in withstanding any amount of brushing and flushing.
    I usually tow my anchor under the forefoot for a mile or so before trying to retrieve it which can help.
    Beautiful spot to spend the night.

Well we made it here and we are currently anchored in 8 m of water on the south side of the channel. Just seen our first two seals had lunch glass of vino and now chilling. Not sure how well I will sleep tonight ( first night at anchor) but all holding well so far.
    Did you make it Andrew?

Well we made it here and we are currently anchored in 8 m of water on the south side of the channel. Just seen our first two seals had lunch glass of vino and now chilling. Not sure how well I will sleep tonight ( first night at anchor) but all holding well so far.
    Did you make it Andrew?
    Yes we are the furthest boat in, arrived at about 2:30. At HT we had about 6-7m of water.
    Andrew

I did reply to this Andrew but for some reason it would not send. How was your night?

I did reply to this Andrew but for some reason it would not send. How was your night?
    Denek,
    A quiet night - of course. Did you see the Marsh Harrier in the early evening, working over the fields on the South side- a beautiful sight. Also heard a cuckoo for the first time in a couple of years. We used to hear them regularly where we live ( North Bucks) but sadly not any more.

Andrew
    Andrew

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast