Default YDES-04 J1708 engine gateways on Raymarine eS128 MFD, present fuel consumption as l/n

I have successfully installed and connected YDES-04 J1708 engine gateways in my boat powered by 2xKAD300. I am able to present engine data, including fuel flow, without problems on my Raymarine eS128 MFD. But I am not able to present fuel consumption as l/nm. There is a function for this on the eS128, but it seems like if the MFD doesnt register any fuel flow from the engine gateways as it shows 0ltr/nm no matter actual fuel flow. Any advice from the forum?

Default Re: YDES-04 J1708 engine gateways on Raymarine eS128 MFD, present fuel consumption as

sorry this won't help, but I am about to do a similar set up but probably with a Simrad MFD.
    Can you definitely display fuel flow as litres/hour?
    How easy was it to set up the J1708 gateway? do you just plug it all together or do you need to programme anything?

Default Re: YDES-04 J1708 engine gateways on Raymarine eS128 MFD, present fuel consumption as

I have had something similar with Raymarine.

I think the issue is that there are several file flow measurements ( left right total etc) and the Raymarine is expecting total but getting left and right.

There are functions I have ( old c120) that donít work and this seems to be the issue.

Raymarine could not help me as it was an old unit but may help you

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    sorry this won't help, but I am about to do a similar set up but probably with a Simrad MFD.
    Can you definitely display fuel flow as litres/hour?
    How easy was it to set up the J1708 gateway? do you just plug it all together or do you need to programme anything?
    Yes, I can definitely display fuel consumption presented as flow. More precisely as liter/hour.
    Very easy and straight forward to install. If you have two engines, the one of the YDES-04 gateway must be assigned a different engine number in order to separate the engines from each other, but it is very easy on Yachtdevices https://www.yachtd.com/ support page and the use of a SD Micro card and Text editor.

Quote Originally Posted by jrudge View Post
    I have had something similar with Raymarine.

I think the issue is that there are several file flow measurements ( left right total etc) and the Raymarine is expecting total but getting left and right.

There are functions I have ( old c120) that donít work and this seems to be the issue.

Raymarine could not help me as it was an old unit but may help you
    Raymarine support is quite busy these days. And my impression is that they tend to answer more fundamental and easy help questions first.

The YDES-04 will not give L/nm. As rightly identified earlier in this thread.. this is a function of the MFD.. having said that, most MFD's require a PGN input from the Tank Sender (on NMEA2000) showing an available % of fuel.. If the MFD has the ability for you to key in "Full Fuel Amount", then it can work out remainder and possibly L/nm. Raymarine LH2 & LH3 both have that capability.
    cheers
    Ian

Further to my last, If you DO have a Tank Sender that is outputting on the NMEA Gateway and you have an older style MFD that does not have the function for "Tank Level" Then you could try to input this value into the YDES-04, which will then report the tank Level (in lts) across the NMEA Gateway

TANK_PRIMARY_CAPACITY=x (x is the litres of tank at Full)

Cheers

Ian H

Please see below an original installation of YDES-04 and tank adapter YDTA-01 on twin KAD300’s .. this is using Axiom LH3 ... can confirm your ES will produce the same
    4D92C8EB-3517-4012-8BBD-2FD63A9D188C.jpeg
    Last edited by Ian-M430; 25-06-19 at 11:20.