Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Those Chinese Diesel Heaters - UK source for purchase?

I can't find the thread!

Seemed people were happy with them. Friend wants to try one out. Can anyone recommend a UK source? Want to get it ASAP (yes, the summers are that cold in Ireland)

Cheers.

PS. We know the silencer is rubbish, won't be used. He's also getting his own exhaust pipe for safety.

Default Re: Those Chinese Diesel Heaters - UK source for purchase?

They are called Planar, on eBay. Bigplumbs posted about his purchase and installation, one poster used his on a daily basis in a workshop, which would indicate reasonable reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by AndieMac View Post
    They are called Planar, on eBay. Bigplumbs posted about his purchase and installation, one poster used his on a daily basis in a workshop, which would indicate reasonable reliability.
    Cheers. If anyone purchased from a UK Supplier (eBay OK!), would appreciate a link. Want one pronto!

Bigplumbs thread.... http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...hinese+heaters

iirc it has links to quality exhausts/silencers too.

They are called Planar,
    Planar is the Russian brand, more expensive and generally considered better quality than the Chinese ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSister View Post
    Planar is the Russian brand, more expensive and generally considered better quality than the Chinese ones.
    They retail for AU$237.00 (free postage) or GBP129.00, I thought that was cheap enough, compared to the AU$1800.00 for a Webasto or Eber, charged by our local guy.

Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    I can't find the thread!

Seemed people were happy with them. Friend wants to try one out. Can anyone recommend a UK source? Want to get it ASAP (yes, the summers are that cold in Ireland)

Cheers.

PS. We know the silencer is rubbish, won't be used. He's also getting his own exhaust pipe for safety.
    I installed one 6 years ago. A 5kW version. The spares I’ve needed have been bought from Webasto. Exact fits.
    It isn’t as good quality as a Webasto but it’s done me proud. Have replaced glow plug and burner and it gets used a lot I use the boat most weeks throughout the year and I leave it running 24hrs a day when I’m onboard.

They retail for AU$237.00 (free postage) or GBP129.00, I thought that was cheap enough, compared to the AU$1800.00 for a Webasto or Eber, charged by our local guy.
    It's the Chinese ones (many different brand names for very similar kit) that sell for that sort of price in the UK. The Planar brand (Russian) ones are about £500.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSister View Post
    It's the Chinese ones (many different brand names for very similar kit) that sell for that sort of price in the UK. The Planar brand (Russian) ones are about £500.
    It makes these look like good value then
    https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...+diesel+heater

Yet another "Chinese" heater being fitted on a boat in our club as I post.Owner aware of the comments regards the supplied silencer, has skills as a welder and intends sealing the silencer with weld and then checking for gas leakage.
    At least a dozen now fitted to club boats.
    No problems reported so far with installations or use.
    My Russian (Planar) has been working without any issues.
    A little aforethought will be needed to match up heater output "100mm" to your existing heater ducting, mine was all 75mm .
    Adaptors easily available.
    Vessels so far retro-fitted with these heaters range from a Broom 41 to a Freeman 32, couple of Turbo 36 and Fairline Sedan.
    Do know of one installation from scratch, professionaly fitted by local company.
    To my knowledge only a single club member fitted a EBER during same period.
    Main reason for purchase , was cost of repairing a faulty Eber/Web, far in excess of buying a complete new Chinese unit.
    The big advantage of spending more on the Russian unit, is the hard of understanding can contact the supplier and get a fast response to any install problems.
    Last edited by oldgit; 20-06-19 at 07:10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast