Thread: Ile de Sein

Default Ile de Sein

One of my favourite destinations :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4fqn59MT_w

Default Re: Ile de Sein

It is interesting but considering that you will have an enforced stay of a tide and more it is limited especially if the weather turns. I found the cemetery very interesting and poignant. When I was last there it was deserted which in some ways added to its charm however there were a lot of small dogs who all looked remarkably similar to each other roaming about which led to my dissatisfied crew christening the island "Dog Shit" Island.
    I agree though worth a visit if only to say you have been there, I prefer Ouessant

Quote Originally Posted by Fr J Hackett View Post
    It is interesting but considering that you will have an enforced stay of a tide and more it is limited especially if the weather turns. I found the cemetery very interesting and poignant. When I was last there it was deserted which in some ways added to its charm however there were a lot of small dogs who all looked remarkably similar to each other roaming about which led to my dissatisfied crew christening the island "Dog Shit" Island.
    I agree though worth a visit if only to say you have been there, I prefer Ouessant
    My first contact at Ouessant was that I couldn't moor where I was anchoring because I would interfere with the ferry. If the ferry was the size of the Queen Mary 2 perhaps otherwise he was speaking rubbish.

As it was a Sunday I decided to see what the local church service was like and the priest went on about trying to resolve the conflicts on the island.

No. Definitely prefer Sein. In fact during my last stay there, there were TV personalities that I knew from "Thalassa". It is a real Breton speaking community where the women were wearing the traditional coiffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    My first contact at Ouessant was that I couldn't moor where I was anchoring because I would interfere with the ferry. If the ferry was the size of the Queen Mary 2 perhaps otherwise he was speaking rubbish.

As it was a Sunday I decided to see what the local church service was like and the priest went on about trying to resolve the conflicts on the island.

No. Definitely prefer Sein. In fact during my last stay there, there were TV personalities that I knew from "Thalassa". It is a real Breton speaking community where the women were wearing the traditional coiffs.
    Better food on Ouessant and strangely enough one of the bénévole that I work with comes from the island.

Better musique on Molenez....