Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Default The East Coast Pirates❓

Do they still exist❓

Believe they operated out of Burnham.

Use to enjoy their annual BBQ at Stone Point.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

Default Re: The East Coast Pirates❓

There hasn't been a pirates weekend for a few years I think. It usually takes someone with a vested interest (ie kids) to organise and then everyone used to pile in. We enjoyed the weekends tremendously when ours were little. Anchor at Stone Point and bbq on the beach... what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmalade View Post
    There hasn't been a pirates weekend for a few years I think. It usually takes someone with a vested interest (ie kids) to organise and then everyone used to pile in. We enjoyed the weekends tremendously when ours were little. Anchor at Stone Point and bbq on the beach... what's not to like?
    Ain’t got no kids and even the grandkids are teenagers but should we try to resurrect it❓
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

We were at Stone Point this weekend and speaking about the same. We'd be up for a BBQ if the weekend was free

I was wondering if there was any interest in resurrecting the Limehouse or Ostend trips?

Please tell me more about this event.

The kids would love anything to do with Pirates!
    Someone more informed will come along any minute

Quote Originally Posted by Independence View Post
    I was wondering if there was any interest in resurrecting the Limehouse or Ostend trips?
    The Limehouse trip was great, Jane and i would be up for that again

we've never managed Oostende yet but that too!

Quote Originally Posted by dolabriform View Post
    Please tell me more about this event.

The kids would love anything to do with Pirates!
    Usually the venus was Stone Point but could be anywhere. The last one I coordinated was at Wrabness.

Just agree a date (normally a Saturday in the summer school holidays) turn-up with BBQ makings on board and a pirate flag

At the appointed time, go ashore collect drift wood and have a BBQ. Some boats help by bringing ‘Drift wood with them’.

Then have a communal bonfire and a few drinks before returning on board. Dress optional but as could be expected, kids love to dress up as pirates - as do some of the older kids‼️

For those who do not wish to anchor overnight, they can pick up one of the many buoys at the seaward end of the Walton Channel.

Many may not know it but Stone Point is private land that is administered by the W&FYC.

In the past, as a member of the W&FC, I have cleared the event with the club. Their only stipulation was no damage and please clear up afterwards.

If there is interest, I will again talk with the W&FYC and provided they are happy, coordinate.

Unfortunately for us, Memsahib is going for a new hip at the end of July so we may be unable to participate fully but I could set it up and possibly still pay a flying visit.
    Last edited by nortada; 24-06-19 at 06:54.

Quote Originally Posted by nortada View Post
    Usually the venus was Stone Point but could be anywhere. The last one I coordinated was at Wrabness.

Just agree a date (normally a Saturday in the summer school holidays) turn-up with BBQ makings on board and a pirate flag

At the appointed time, go ashore collect drift wood and have a BBQ. Some boats help by bringing ‘Drift wood with them’.

Then have a communal bonfire and a few drinks before returning on board. Dress optional but as could be expected, kids love to dress up as pirates - as do some of the older kids‼️

For those who do not wish to anchor overnight, they can pick up one of the many buoys at the seaward end of the Walton Channel.

Many may not know it but Stone Point is private land that is administered by the W&FYC.

In the past, as a member of the W&FC, I have cleared the event with the club. Their only stipulation was no damage and please clear up afterwards.

If there is interest, I will again talk with the W&FYC and provided they are happy, coordinate.

Unfortunately for us, Memsahib is going for a new hip at the end of July so we may be unable to participate fully but I could set it up and possibly still pay a flying visit.
    Oh wow !

That sounds absolutely fantastic.

We are planning a summer cruise around the east coast sometime between the 10th and 20th August.

Titchmarsh or preferably W&FYC ( so the kids could walk to the beach ) was on the agenda but this sounds much more fun Stone point would be great as it has a 'piraty' sound to it

Once I've worked out dates with the Admiral, if you can clear it with W&FYC I'm more than happy to do whatever needs to be done in order to organise it.

Quote Originally Posted by dolabriform View Post
    Oh wow !

That sounds absolutely fantastic.

We are planning a summer cruise around the east coast sometime between the 10th and 20th August.

Titchmarsh or preferably W&FYC ( so the kids could walk to the beach ) was on the agenda but this sounds much more fun Stone point would be great as it has a 'piraty' sound to it

Once I've worked out dates with the Admiral, if you can clear it with W&FYC I'm more than happy to do whatever needs to be done in order to organise it.
    Many thanks for the enthusiasm.

The W&FYC have a get together at Stone Point on Sat 10th Aug but there would be room for all.

As said the format is easy and organisation minimal, all is to choose a date!

Although the entrance to The Backwaters is shallow at low tide and it can run hard at certain points in the tide, there are no other considerations.

l think the next step is to establish level of interest and preferred dates and we can take it from there.

We'll chat about dates, but on first look it seems that either the 10th or the 24th we be good for tide times.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast