Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: KAD44 issue

Default Re: KAD44 issue

Quote Originally Posted by kashurst View Post
    how old is that impeller?
    Allegedly changed in September last year (25-30 hours ago).

Quote Originally Posted by petem View Post
    Allegedly changed in September last year (25-30 hours ago).
    Separate to my S/B side Turbo issue, my Port side intermittent issue has re-occurred! This time we have a 2 flash pause and 2 flash error which would appear to suggest....

Code 2.2 Fuel injection pump
    Cause: The sensor for the control rod position gives read-
    ings outside the permitted range.
    Consequence: The engine stops.
    Corrective action:
    • Check the connections for the injection pump (the actua-
    tor) and the control module.
    • Erase the diagnostic trouble code (DTC).
    • Start the engine.
    • Contact an authorised workshop if the fault persists.

Any ideas in addition to the above?

Pete
    Last edited by petem; 23-08-19 at 12:01.

Check the connectors to the sensor that the error is referring to, swap the sensors over between the engines and see if thr issue follows the move. If it does then buy a new sensor?

Separate to my S/B side Turbo issue, my Port side intermittent issue has re-occurred! This time we have a 2 flash pause and 2 flash error which would appear to suggest....

Code 2.2 Fuel injection pump
    Cause: The sensor for the control rod position gives read-
    ings outside the permitted range.
    Consequence: The engine stops.
    Corrective action:
    • Check the connections for the injection pump (the actua-
    tor) and the control module.
    • Erase the diagnostic trouble code (DTC).
    • Start the engine.
    • Contact an authorised workshop if the fault persists.

Any ideas in addition to the above?

Pete
    Could well be a dodgy connection. Try disconnecting the round multipin connector that goes from the fuel injection pump to the ECU. Spray with contact cleaner and reconnect a few times to clean up the contacts
    Fingers crossed

Could well be a dodgy connection. Try disconnecting the round multipin connector that goes from the fuel injection pump to the ECU. Spray with contact cleaner and reconnect a few times to clean up the contacts
    Fingers crossed
    Thanks K.

Does anyone know which part the control rod position sensor is on the attached? Also which are the connectors / wires?

https://www.marinepartseurope.com/en...-23-3025B.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by julians View Post
    Check the connectors to the sensor that the error is referring to, swap the sensors over between the engines and see if thr issue follows the move. If it does then buy a new sensor?
    I've done some more investigation and it looks like the injection pump MIGHT be a Bosch VP37 which is the same unit fitted to late 90's VW TDI's and Transits! Anyhow the sensor is integral to the pump and in the car world can become contaminated requiring it to be cleaned. See - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd50iJIlvkI.

However, I suspect the fuel filtering on a boat is far superior to a car's so I'd have thought that it's unlikely to have become clogged up. Bearing in mind that this isn't a part that would suffer from marine duty engine cycles and the engines have only done 750 hours, I find it hard to believe that there's an issue with the injector pump, which are regarded as pretty bullet proof. These can be re-built / repaired which is a bit of a comfort.

So I suspect the issue is a bad connection as suggested by Kashurst above. I'm still unsure if there is a separate cable that connects the pump to the ECU or whether the cables is permanently attached to either the ECU or the pump. Anyone?

Hopefully my mechanic will take a look at it today.

Hi Pete
    yes it is a separate cable from the injection pump to the ecu etc. I wouldn't let anyone except Bosch do anything to the pump itself. I thing it very unlikely the pump itself has an issue. I will try and go to the boat and take a picture for you.

Feels like an electrical issue stemming from an ECU interpretation of sensors .
    Now this is the tricky bit that often starts by chucking Ä and parts at it , senosors , new ECU after cleaning connections .
    Any intermittency isnít helpful as it muddies the water .

Loom

A trusty VP tech once told me the looms age with heat over the years and insulation breaks down .So what I,am adding on top of dodgy contacts is overall loom degeneration . Resistance measurements alter and the ECU canít see , or the range drops out of the pre set parameters .

I certainly would hang fire on the injector pump until ALL the electrical side has been proofed tested .

I've done some more investigation and it looks like the injection pump MIGHT be a Bosch VP37 which is the same unit fitted to late 90's VW TDI's and Transits! Anyhow the sensor is integral to the pump and in the car world can become contaminated requiring it to be cleaned. See - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd50iJIlvkI.

However, I suspect the fuel filtering on a boat is far superior to a car's so I'd have thought that it's unlikely to have become clogged up. Bearing in mind that this isn't a part that would suffer from marine duty engine cycles and the engines have only done 750 hours, I find it hard to believe that there's an issue with the injector pump, which are regarded as pretty bullet proof. These can be re-built / repaired which is a bit of a comfort.

So I suspect the issue is a bad connection as suggested by Kashurst above. I'm still unsure if there is a separate cable that connects the pump to the ECU or whether the cables is permanently attached to either the ECU or the pump. Anyone?

Hopefully my mechanic will take a look at it today.
    Careful x referencing auto the VW ( same part / thing ) with the VP as I said ^^^^ different looms = different solution for the same symptoms.

Hi Pete
    yes it is a separate cable from the injection pump to the ecu etc. I wouldn't let anyone except Bosch do anything to the pump itself. I thing it very unlikely the pump itself has an issue. I will try and go to the boat and take a picture for you.
    Thanks K, we're a long way off messing with the pump. Pics of the cables would be appreciated.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast