Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: KAD44 issue

Default Re: KAD44 issue

pic as promised

if you follow the cable that comes out of the fuel injection pump, it will go to a big round multi pin connector. On the pic shown my connector is covered in green paint and I have pulled it out a bit for clarity. Yours may well be lurking under the black fuse/relay box assembly. It may appear stuck (one of mine was) but its probably just green paint - however go carefully, don't yank it.

probably worth releasing the ECU main connector too (press the red latch at the bottom of the connector down to unlock it)
    give them all a sprat and reconnect a few times. Make sure batteries are all off first.

Default Re: KAD44 issue

An update. I asked my guy to thoroughly check and clean ALL the engine wiring, connectors, contacts, plugs, etc. Most looked pretty good however there was minor signs of corrosion on one or two connectors. Probably took him an hour to do.

Prior to this work, we had three successive starts where the issue manifested itself. Following the checking / cleaning I have had four successive starts with no issue.

So with any luck this problem has gone away .

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678