Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Island hopping

Default Re: Island hopping

Quote Originally Posted by Bouba View Post
    I spent my teenage years on a small island
    Alcatraz?

We visited Embiez many years ago with our boat. I agree its a really pleasant spot and well worth a day or two stopover

Quote Originally Posted by mikef View Post
    Alcatraz?
    Neither a Leaver or Remainer be

I was admiring the cabriole legs! Was that you? Last time I saw legs like that they were on a grand piano! Never mind, the boat's looking good.
    I wish we had islands like that down here - loads of pretty creeks between here and Roses but no islands to visit. I also spent part of my formative years on islands - The Scillies - and would love to have the boat there now. If the water was warm there it would see off the Med by a long way, but it isn't. Go swimming for 10 minutes and spend the rest of the week looking for your b@lls!
    There's something very attractive about islands - I've been to many Med ones but not by my own boat. The Balearics are fine but too far away and, according to everyone on here, too expensive! I'll just have to make do with what we've got - the pros far far outweigh the cons! …..

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher 5 View Post
    I was admiring the cabriole legs! Was that you? Last time I saw legs like that they were on a grand piano! Never mind, the boat's looking good.
    Well, obviously they are my dog’s legs! I’m the one on the right
    I love the Scillies especially Tresco the Île des Embiez is only a little past Marseille so well within range of you

Bryher was always my favourite but I used to love them all.
    I'll have to get a chart out and check on Embiez - not familiar at all ! I've got the excellent Rod Heikell 'Mediterranean France & Corsica Pilot' so will check it out in there. I hadn't thought that Marseille way would be in range but why not? - we've got all the time in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher 5 View Post
    Bryher was always my favourite but I used to love them all.
    I'll have to get a chart out and check on Embiez - not familiar at all ! I've got the excellent Rod Heikell 'Mediterranean France & Corsica Pilot' so will check it out in there. I hadn't thought that Marseille way would be in range but why not? - we've got all the time in the world.
    I estimate Embiez is about 150nm from you if you hug the coast. You can go direct but you are a very long way out to sea just to save about 30 nm. It’s definitely a windy place around the Camargue so keep an eye on the forecast. And the added bonus after coming all that way is that you not far from me

Port Camargue is 70 miles from where we keep the boat, St.Cyprien, and would be a good stop-over place on the way - don't know the distance from there to your way. I always wanted to have a boat there when we holidayed at Bormes and Le Lavandou. I suppose we could make it a few weeks trip. Would be fun although we need to be elsewhere several times this year for classic race meetings at Magny-Cours and Dijon and probably Spa. Always something to bugger up your plans!

Such beautiful pictures, I cannot wait to get my boat

Bouba, nice photos and places, well done!
    however, you seem to be there alone, no hordes of boats that we usually see in the other places, so what's the catch? why don't some of that lot come to these small isles then?
    or put it another way, what percentage of the boats we see in the boatsoup pics you and others post of SOF anchorages are used solely as dayboats?

V.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast