Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

Default Scaffolding platform for applying antifouling paint - any recommendations?

In the days when I kept a wooden boat at a traditional boatyard I used to borrow the yard’s scaffolding and planks (and put them back afterwards!) .

Now I have a plastic boat in a cradle ashore at a marina and the yard won’t lend me a scaffold tower because of elfin safety.

So I suppose I have to buy one which can fit on the car roof rack when disassembled.

Any recommendations?

Default Re: Scaffolding platform for applying antifouling paint - any recommendations?

why dont you use tressles and a youngman instead of scaffold lighter and easy to move up and down
    youngman is long walkway board and make it easier than scaffy with poles everywhere

Default Re: Scaffolding platform for applying antifouling paint - any recommendations?

I have a smaller version of this on ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boss-doub...frcectupt=true

Incredibly useful for house bits as well. The yard will want to check it before permit to work, and it should have kick boards and the top railing. Easy and light to move; quick to set up.

Well worth the investment. A version with a =>2 metre platform will make painting quicker.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Songmics-Mu...=fsclp_pl_dp_4

Bought one of these for that Job 42ft boat on a cradle and could reach up to topsides , so antifoul no issues , also good for decorating in the house
    Flying birds have no master

I bought a load of damaged aluminium platform sections from a hire company for £100. They were not suitable for hire but fine for DIY work. I later made them narrower so I could use them in the boat shed. Still use some fifteen years on.
    Brexit: Taking back our freedom as a sovereign nation.

Hire a tower scaffold from the local hire shop. They'll deliver it too

Thanks.

I’ve worked off boards across these before now.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F153241484509
    Semper aliud

Quote Originally Posted by Minn View Post
    In the days when I kept a wooden boat at a traditional boatyard I used to borrow the yard’s scaffolding and planks (and put them back afterwards!) .

Now I have a plastic boat in a cradle ashore at a marina and the yard won’t lend me a scaffold tower because of elfin safety.

So I suppose I have to buy one which can fit on the car roof rack when disassembled.

Any recommendations?
    Start painting on your ladder and see how quicly they offer you their scaffolding.
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Start painting on your ladder and see how quicly they offer you their scaffolding.
    I like that line of thought...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast