Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why is Woolverstone Marina so expensive?

Hmmm. At my marina, where the club is owned and managed by the marina owners, every berth holder is automatically made a member for free, if they wish.

I have no knowledge of how ownership/management of the marina and club are related at Levington. However at Woolverstone there is no connection other than geographical proximity between the MDL marina and the Yacht club. The YC does in fact have it’s own separate marina which is owned by the club and can only be used by club members and visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Leighb View Post
    I have no knowledge of how ownership/management of the marina and club are related at Levington. However at Woolverstone there is no connection other than geographical proximity between the MDL marina and the Yacht club. The YC does in fact have it’s own separate marina which is owned by the club and can only be used by club members and visitors.
    The "marina" is MDL Woolverstone, the "club" is the RHYC. They are different establishments and have no connection, they just happen to be close to one another.

SYH and the HPYC are also separate entities, they just happen to be on the same site.
    Rainbow Marine.
    www.rainbowmarine.co.uk

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

I think it’s safe to say, having heard Johnathan Dyke’s talk on the history of SYH, given at the RHYC, that the marina certainly encouraged the club at Levington.
    Last edited by Minn; 29-06-19 at 17:20.

I wonder if SYH charges full berthing fees for that lightship

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Wader View Post
    I wonder if SYH charges full berthing fees for that lightship
    I think they get a discount as the berth is not available at all states of the tide

I had a quote for £3200 for a swinging mooring for a nine meter yacht. They phoned me a few days later and they asked me what my intentions were, I told them I thought the website must be faulty.£3200 for the swinging mooring is planet cuckoo land. The lady told me it’s a good package, it includes water taxi blah blah.
    I informed her it was muppetry.

I am keeping my boat (8 m) at Wolverstone on a swinging mooring for the summer, no lengthy contract, can park my car there, have staff on site 24/7, showers and toilets are great. £168 per month. Not a bad deal, I think.
    Won't pay those rates on an annual swinging mooring though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    I had a quote for £3200 for a swinging mooring for a nine meter yacht. They phoned me a few days later and they asked me what my intentions were, I told them I thought the website must be faulty.£3200 for the swinging mooring is planet cuckoo land. The lady told me it’s a good package, it includes water taxi blah blah.
    I informed her it was muppetry.
    Well done, over £3K for a swinger on the East Coast is nuts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123