Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mapledurham pumpout

Preparing my logistics for a trip upriver to the nice bits, I notice that the above unit is still not working...
    It's been at least 18 months since it last worked - and that's a long time to dig a hole and repair a pipe.
    I will report it to a Proper Authority as talking to the locals doesn't get me anywhere.

Should I reinstall the lovely kit that I bought from that Nice Mr Coburn many. many years ago and dump it overboard as I'm sure some of the locals do....

"Reading" is really becoming the pits - customer service - hahahahahaha

Default Re: Mapledurham pumpout

I'm sure you know this, but there's a working pump out at Thames & Kennet marina, a couple of locks short of Mapledurham.

Quote Originally Posted by jct1981 View Post
    I'm sure you know this, but there's a working pump out at Thames & Kennet marina, a couple of locks short of Mapledurham.
    Thank you - that's not the point.
    If EA provide a facility (perhaps partly to discourage folks from doing what the shouldn't do...) then it should work. Obviously there will be short term breakdowns - that's expected.
    However not fixing problems - especially those of a hygiene nature is not acceptable.
    It took a year to fix a problem with Boveney pump out some time ago because of an internal squabble.
    If 'we' put up with rotten service - that's what we get.......

I am heading off for my two week holiday this saturday, so I need to make a mental note that it isn't working. So between Bray and Abingdon, we have Shiplake, Thames & Kennet marina, Benson marina (£20 charge) & Abingdon lock.

Quite agree, but Bazzer would rather spend the money on a new tunic with shiny buttons!

Quote Originally Posted by thamesS23 View Post
    I am heading off for my two week holiday this saturday, so I need to make a mental note that it isn't working. So between Bray and Abingdon, we have Shiplake, Thames & Kennet marina, Benson marina (£20 charge) & Abingdon lock.
    Shiplake is fine if somebody's not stopped for lunch or washing their boat with the drinking water hydrant. The flush pipe is a bit short - I repaired that some years ago - I might bring a spare length with me next time.

T&K is manky and awkward to get onto if you have a WSOB

Benson's OK if you can get past all their hire boats moored up

Abingdon's fine but the flush pressure "leaves a lot to be desired". Quite often their tank is full - because folks actually use it

Upstream where most folks fear to tread - they're all quite good....

Quote Originally Posted by thamesS23 View Post
    Add: Bourne End Marina

Just in case anyone is remotely interested -
    There is some progress (well let's hope so)
    All local contact phone numbers have been removed, so I had to ring the national support number - not a problem, but obviously no local knowledge for a quick answer - if one hoped for such.
    However a very efficient young lady answered my call and contacted Reading (?) to respond.
    Today she emailed me to check for a response - so I rang the lock again
    and got the response that a contractor will be visiting the site in early July to give a quote for the repair.

Being a cynic - there's a possibility that a repair could take 'forever', but it would be great if even a temporary could be effected this season?? No poo has gone down the pipe for more than two years - thus surely no H&S issues -
    • dig a trench,
    • replace broken pipes,
    • backfill,
    • test,
    • finish,
    • switch on power
    • Pump Poo
    • fill in paperwork

Result happy customer(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Just in case anyone is remotely interested -
    There is some progress (well let's hope so)
    All local contact phone numbers have been removed, so I had to ring the national support number - not a problem, but obviously no local knowledge for a quick answer - if one hoped for such.
    However a very efficient young lady answered my call and contacted Reading (?) to respond.
    Today she emailed me to check for a response - so I rang the lock again
    and got the response that a contractor will be visiting the site in early July to give a quote for the repair.

Being a cynic - there's a possibility that a repair could take 'forever', but it would be great if even a temporary could be effected this season?? No poo has gone down the pipe for more than two years - thus surely no H&S issues -
    • dig a trench,
    • replace broken pipes,
    • backfill,
    • test,
    • finish,
    • switch on power
    • Pump Poo
    • fill in paperwork

Result happy customer(s)
    You need to factor in the point that the EA is interested in process, not outcomes.
    When I was in the Navy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crusty View Post
    You need to factor in the point that the EA is interested in process, not outcomes.
    and shiny buttons and remote control model boats....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast