Thread: R.I.P. Bosun

Default R.I.P. Bosun

Sad to relate that after 17 years loyal service on 4 of our boats our Westie, Bosun, swallowed the anchor yesterday while we were at Goring. The local vets were very kind and will miss him greatly but we both feel so pleased that we were able to call time whilst on the river, on a lovely summers day and in such a peaceful place. Seems so strange not to have to worry about closing the transom gate .......

Default Re: R.I.P. Bosun

Sorry to hear that Tony, they are like one of the family and leave a big hole in your life when they go.
    All the best.

Boat One, our sincere condolences. Hopefully 17 years of happy memories and Bosun's passing whilst on the river are some comfort for you at what is unquestionably a sad time. As Chris d says it is like losing close family. Kind regards.

Boatone - we feel for you.
    Our sadly missed Westie loved being on our Hillyard. Still seem to get a bit of sawdust in the eye thinking about him. What a great age and such a peaceful way to go.

You have all our sympathy too, sir! Those that have never let an animal into their lives can never understand the hole that they leave when they go. There are many, many young dogs and cats out there waiting for someone to love - I hope that, after a suitable period, you'll adopt another Able Seadog!

So sorry to hear of the loss of Bosun. I’m sure he will be sadly missed by not only your family but also the whole of the Thames Fraternity.
    Both Jeanette and I feel for you and Mrs Boatone.
    Be reasonable - see things my way.

Sorry to hear this Tony , its horrible loosing a best friend especially at such an old age . Bosun , not you !
    Blame it on the boogie .