Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where do you get your diesel?

Hi guys, we're waiting to get our Trader up to Wallasea and wondered where you get your diesel from locally? I've read people buying from tankers?

Cheers
    Colin

Default Re: Where do you get your diesel?

Essex Marina fuel berth (Wallasea)

Burnham Yacht Harbour

Fambridge Yacht Haven

Usually a minimum of 500 litres on tanker deliveries and road access within hose reach of somewhere you can moor is gonna be tricky cos I'd imagine none of the marinas who sell fuel are going to be too keen on missing out on a big sale

Thanks for the info.

To add to the info, none of the three Crouch fuel berths is exactly easy to access

The Essex Marina fuel dock is on the inner pontoon at the West end of the marina and very exposed to the tide, especially tricky on the ebb

The BYH fuek dock is down the far end of the marina with limited turning space but is probably the easiest to access at any state of the tide

And the Fambridge dock is half way down the marina and currently not readily accessible for an hour or two either side of low water (or in my fin keeled yacht below half tide cos I'm chicken!)

If you can get the tanker past the barrier at NFambridge, river station... You can pull up alongside at HW and fill as much as yoir boar will take.. Problem being that the Yacht Haven might take a dim view aboit it.

Or..... You could chat with John at Bridgemarsh
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    If you can get the tanker past the barrier at NFambridge, river station... You can pull up alongside at HW and fill as much as yoir boar will take.. Problem being that the Yacht Haven might take a dim view aboit it.
    I hesitated to suggest that for exactly that reason given that FYH retails marine diesel

I seem to recall someone bunkering a large amount from the jetty many many tides ago. So it may be possible to arrange.
    After all, they don't want someone to empty their tank in one go.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    I seem to recall someone bunkering a large amount from the jetty many many tides ago. So it may be possible to arrange.
    After all, they don't want someone to empty their tank in one go.
    The fairly large Dutch oyster dredger that used to use the pier did so some years back but then a> they were paying for the use of the pier and b> they were emptying an 8000 litre tanker!

I rather suspect that FYH would be delighted to sell an entire tankful of diesel, after all they could get it refilled by the supplier the same day (or the next at worst)

It would do no harm to ask the question though

Hi,

It's too many decades since I sailed up there, but is it possible to get a tanker alongside at Battlesbridge these days?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWright View Post
    Hi,

It's too many decades since I sailed up there, but is it possible to get a tanker alongside at Battlesbridge these days?

Peter
    I doubt it. And even if you could get the tanker alongside, there's nowhere to get the boat alongside (from memory, i haven't looked of late to be fair)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast