Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Video documenting June 2019 trip to Dunkerque, Oostend and back to the Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by STOL71 View Post
    I’ve now lost all buoyancy to share this wonderful sailing experience with the YBW community...
    I look forward to your underwater shots with keen anticipation.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Default Re: Video documenting June 2019 trip to Dunkerque, Oostend and back to the Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by STOL71 View Post
    Iíve now lost all buoyancy to share this wonderful sailing experience with the YBW community...
    Unless your doing it for money, then never assume that your personal creative efforts are as good as your family & mates say, or you think.

If you put it out for public consumption, you must be prepared for criticism & rejection, the public have no emotional connection with your trip, they were not there. Further, if you have to explain why you did a,b or c, you have already failed.

You have 2 options, carry on doing what you do if YOU like it and are happy with it, & treasure it for your own personal enjoyment. If it works for you and brings back the memories for you, that's all that matters.

Or, if you want to put stuff out there, take on board the criticism, both good and bad, and try a different approach on your next project, then see how that gets received.

Never look to the public for an ego boost tho

The same can be said of Blogs, which to me nearly always read like those flipping 'Christmas letters' to the point where I simply won't read them.
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

I liked it.

Nice music and it was kept short.

That was a close call with that ship.
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood. Buy a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG_KEELER View Post
    I liked it.

Nice music and it was kept short.

That was a close call with that ship.
    At last a sailor with taste. Thank you for springing to my defence. 👍

That ship went into an anchorage, or that I was hoping he was doing....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12