Default International 6m. Displacement?

What is the average or indeed exact weight of a 6m in racing trim ex crew? Is there a minimum in the rule? Just curious, really

Default Re: International 6m. Displacement?

Gorgeous boat. Rules say this, but that means that whilst there may be a typical displacement, or a range, it's not set out in Kg.

Displacement in cubic metres shall be not less than (0.2 L.W.L. (in metres) + 0.15)3
    If a yacht is less than the displacement required by the rule for her length on L.W.L. then the
    difference between the length on the L.W.L. to which her actual displacement corresponds by the rule
    and the actual length on L.W.L. shall be doubled and added to the length measurement.
    To enable the displacement to be determined by weighing, yachts laid down after 31st December
    1978 shall be provided with lifting eyes, the construction, size and attachment to the hull of which shall
    be approved by the appropriate classification society. For boats first certified after 1st June 2007 the
    classification society is replaced by the structural consultant as defined in 26.1.
    Graham. "Scala" now sold. Boatless.

I crewed on one once, I got the feeling there was a big lump of lead under the narrow hull.

Yes they have decent ballast keels. I just wonder what the all up weight is...

Having seen sixes from just over 20ft early boats to nearly 40 don’t think weights are similar but perhaps the modern racing circle boats are more alike!

Of the order of four tons, I believe.

They are usually carried on a 7.5 tonne truck, which usually has a maximum payload of 4 tonnes.