Default Ever the optimist .....

Trying to keep myself busy and not dwell on the passing of the mutt.
    i have ordered two new A3 ball fenders to try and better protect the boat from ill packed locks.
    i have started to clean all the fenders so that crud transferred from lock walls will be easier to spot.
    Spending money on the boat is good because it makes the registration fee look less as a percentage of annual costs..
    Not going out on the river too often - makes it less likely that I won’t be able to find a mooring and gives others more opportunity to take up more space than they need and cancel out my largesse.
    Not going out also means I won’t have to waste my time helping others through unmanned locks or wait because said others shut the gates on me rather than wait a few extra minutes.
    Think I may have made a mistake buying a sedan - makes it less likely that I will fall foul of overhanging trees than those with tophamper so gives me less to complain about.
    Oh yes, there is much to enjoy simply by looking st things a little differently ....
    Last edited by boatone; 07-07-19 at 05:36.

Default Re: Ever the optimist .....

Stop grumbling...you will have me to avoid in the first of week of August.
    On the up side, have invested in a new set of earplugs to deaden the tradional Thames "Massed grinding of the Bow Thruster" at every lock.

Quote Originally Posted by boatone View Post
    Trying to keep myself busy and not dwell on the passing of the mutt.
    i have ordered two new A3 ball fenders to try and better protect the boat from ill packed locks.
    i have started to clean all the fenders so that crud transferred from lock walls will be easier to spot.
    Spending money on the boat is good because it makes the registration fee look less as a percentage of annual costs..
    Not going out on the river too often - makes it less likely that I won’t be able to find a mooring and gives others more opportunity to take up more space than they need and cancel out my largesse.
    Not going out also means I won’t have to waste my time helping others through unmanned locks or wait because said others shut the gates on me rather than wait a few extra minutes.
    Think I may have made a mistake buying a sedan - makes it less likely that I will fall foul of overhanging trees than those with tophamper so gives me less to complain about.
    Oh yes, there is much to enjoy simply by looking st things a little differently ....
    I dont think you made a mistake buying a sedan , especially that exceptionally nice sedan of yours. You may consider me to be a little biased in that regard, I couldn't possibly comment!

Quote Originally Posted by plumbob View Post
    I dont think you made a mistake buying a sedan , especially that exceptionally nice sedan of yours. You may consider me to be a little biased in that regard, I couldn't possibly comment!
    Don’t worry , Brian, it was all very tongue in cheek. There’s no way I’ll be going back to a Command Deck or Flybridge having had two boats now without all those steps up and down! The 34 Sedan is absolutely right for the river - and I didn’t even need to worry about which arch to use at Henley (who dreamt up the term “Angel Guard” FFS ???