Default Deliveries to Portugal

I’m hoping to get some items delivered to Portugal. I know of a guy/company in Olhão that will accept deliveries for a small fee.

Does anyone know of a similar service in

A) Cascais
    B) Alvor

CTT offer a Poste Restante service for parcels but couriers couriers won’t deliver to a post office.

Default Re: Deliveries to Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Mikedefieslife View Post
    I’m hoping to get some items delivered to Portugal. I know of a guy/company in Olhão that will accept deliveries for a small fee.

A) Cascais
    B) Alvor

CTT offer a Poste Restante service for parcels but couriers couriers won’t deliver to a post office.
    Nearly always had our deliveries sent to Marina de Lagos - no problems and no extra cost. Albufeira Marina also accepted deliveries, again - no problems and no cost. However, on all occasions, we were resident in the marinas.
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿Neither a Remainer or a Leaver be. Hoping for the best but planning for the worst✔️

What a royal pain in the ass this is turning out to be.

SEUR can't input Portuguese address formats in their website, so complain address details are missing.
    DHL can't seem to manage to find addresses.

CTT who offer a 'Posta Restante' service were unable to deliver a package to one of their own post offices. Seems they tried to deliver it at 7am when it's not open.

Portugal is nice, but getting deliveries is a nightmare.

Yes I could go to a marina, but at €60 + VAT a night it's going to be expensive waiting days for stuff to turn up.

Where are you and where do you need yhe parcel delivering too?

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    Where are you and where do you need yhe parcel delivering too?
    I'm alternating anchorage between Lagos and Alvor. I thought Lagos would probably easiest for deliveries.

I'm alternating anchorage between Lagos and Alvor. I thought Lagos would probably easiest for deliveries.
    Albufeira is only about 38 a night in high season and ive had stuff delivered there

A) Cascais
    B) Alvor

You could use my office if Almancil is convenient for you.
    Dum spiro spero. Cras ingens iterabimus aequor.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    Albufeira is only about 38 a night in high season and ive had stuff delivered there
    I'm so not sure it is, difficult to tell as their rates link on their website doesn't work and the only email address on the site is for the consumer protection agency in the Algarve.

Lagos is actually €99 a day for my boat 10,5m x 4,50m the berth for a 15m mono with a beam of 5,30m is €59,70 but Portugal seems to have these official categories, and no matter what the beam, any catamaran must pay double. I think the prices are set by some kind of regulation as a lot of marinas I've been able to look at have the exact same categories and pricing structures.

Quote Originally Posted by 25931 View Post
    You could use my office if Almancil is convenient for you.
    Thanks, that's a brilliant offer. Unfortunately as liveaboard cruiser, I'm not able to easily get around to places away from the coast.

It's not all so bad, it's just a couple of companies messing up some deliveries. Oddly, one of them has already delivered two packages to an address I specified, but for some reason with the third package they can't find the address.

I'm sure I'll figure out.

Thanks, that's a brilliant offer. Unfortunately as liveaboard cruiser, I'm not able to easily get around to places away from the coast.
    Time it right hire cars can be had for few € a day. Had loads from driveon holidays, longish walk from faro in Montenegro.