Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Coastguards resign after reprimand - here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by A1Sailor View Post
    The article you linked to says they took the casualty to casualty in their van and were reprimanded for not informing their Control Ops Room. It doesn't say they were reprimanded for transferring the unconscious man in their van.

Do you have a link to support your interpretation of the reason for the reprimand?
    Suggest to read the full story in the link.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Wader View Post
    The story I read said there was a paramedic responder with them who was fine with their transporting the patient. The back story here is why was no ambulance available within a reasonable time? Years ago that would have been a scandal in itself, now just normal.
    Good points.
    "Seamen are always wanting to do things the proper way; and I like to do them my way."

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    Suggest to read the full story in the link.
    Yup. The OP didn't, or if he/she did posted his/her own interpretation of the reason for the resignations. His/her signature seems apt! To be fair the thread title is correct.
    If my foresight was as good as my hindsight, I would be a multi-millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Wader View Post
    The story I read said there was a paramedic responder with them who was fine with their transporting the patient. The back story here is why was no ambulance available within a reasonable time? Years ago that would have been a scandal in itself, now just normal.
    As I read the story, the ambulance was on it's way, but was diverted to another more urgent case. Imagine the headlines.. mum dies after stroke because ambulance was sent to collect drunken idiot.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

As I read the story, the ambulance was on it's way, but was diverted to another more urgent case. Imagine the headlines.. mum dies after stroke because ambulance was sent to collect drunken idiot.
    Exactly the sort of headline the daily mail would run, one that was utterly untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    ................I despair for ' common ' sense - if these Coastguards aren't reinstated and given free beers for life, the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.
    I was a CG for nearly 15 years, shedloads of local knowledge, a ton of training, experience and team management, and I left a few years earlier than I planned to because of exactly this sort of indication of the way the service was going.
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

I believe more urgent patients, in at least two separate incidents, were deemed a higher priority than the drunk sand dune man.
    Two ambulances assigned to the incident were diverted to more serious accidents. After an hour and a half wait, the paramedic on the scene advised Mr Court it could be another two hours until an ambulance became available.

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines

BBC World at One now...

At present our society from the top down seems to be based on conflict and blame. Admin duties dominate our lives and creativity is abandoned in favour of identifying and punishing mistakes.

God knows how we got into this situation but we must start to change. Often people with the strongest opinions ( note to me) are often those with the least knowledge as once you consider any issue seriously you will often find that it defies a categorical opinion either way.
    Last edited by LONG_KEELER; 08-07-19 at 14:30.
    It is never too late to have a happy childhood. Buy a boat.

I also wonder what happened to 'there are two sides to every story'.

Plus evading the directions of a superior to ones advantage is actually known to any uniform wearers since about ten seconds after uniforms were invented.....

' I rang and rang on my mobile but no one at your end was answering. You should get that sorted out.'

We were told that a cute puppy might have been abandoned in the car so we were just checking and moved it just in case'.

Win win.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast