Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Coastguards resign after reprimand - here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    The only explanation I can offer for the extreme treatment of the senior Coastguards in all these cases is that the MCA actually wants to reduce the number of coastguards
    During the sham "consultations" that went with the FCG programme, a senior manager, still in post, boasted that one of the benefits of the station closures and job re-applying was that Southampton could "start again" without the hindrance of people who "had their own ideas" - i.e. experience.
    Western Solent's Lifeboat -.http://solent-rescue.org.uk/

I think if I had an unconscious casualty in my van with a Paramedic attending him, finding the hospital which I can say from experience in the last week isn't easy even with satnav and thinking I knew the way ( road signs to hospitals are a disgrace ) - I'd be a bit busy to call the office and probably get pulled over by plod for being on the mobile !

A question of priorities.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Does occur to me this is the same outfit that is proposing to ban people from checking the oil in their boat engine!
    Last edited by Tomahawk; 09-07-19 at 11:46.
    Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Quote Originally Posted by LONG_KEELER View Post
    At present our society from the top down seems to be based on conflict and blame. Admin duties dominate our lives and creativity is abandoned in favour of identifying and punishing mistakes.

God knows how we got into this situation but we must start to change.
    In short:
    1. Too many lawyers
    2. Too few judges throwing out such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post
    I think if I had an unconscious casualty in my van with a Paramedic attending him, finding the hospital which I can say from experience in the last week isn't easy even with satnav and thinking I knew the way ( road signs to hospitals are a disgrace ) - I'd be a bit busy to call the office and probably get pulled over by plod for being on the mobile !
    This is north Devon. There is one hospital, lovingly known as the Pilton Hilton, and everybody knows where it is.

Sadly, 22 SQN SAR was removed from RAF Chivinor some years ago. Which might have been called on had it still be on station.
    Cynical Scottish almost retired engineer.
    Gib'Sea 96 owner

Quote Originally Posted by Seajet View Post

A question of priorities.
    You'd probably also be tough enough to take a reprimand without designing in a huff. Some very delicate souls in the coastguard, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    You'd probably also be tough enough to take a reprimand without designing in a huff. Some very delicate souls in the coastguard, it seems.
    It wasn't the reprimand that was the problem, it was being demoted from Senior Station Officer back to the ranks. I am guessing that a reprimand would probably have been accepted with good grace but demotion back to the ranks for someone with very long service would be a bridge too far for almost everyone I have ever worked with.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by JumbleDuck View Post
    Oh No, I've designed in a huff quite a few times, the Triumph Spitfire and Harrier GR5 were just two examples - my Dad and colleagues used to Sydney Camm's designs could mention loads more as could British Leyland owners !
    Last edited by Seajet; 09-07-19 at 22:37.
    Anderson 22 Owners Association - For info please ask here or PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123