Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is this a Fisher 37 ???

Hi Wayne

Get yourself in contact with Caer Urfa of this forum.

He knows everything there is to be known about Colvic Watsons which are very similar to the Fishers.. He might be able to put you in contact with the Fisher owners for more info about the boat.

The hulls are pretty indestructible, and you will have no difficulty with putting a proper deck and wheelhouse on her. I suspect that a re-engining is also on the cards. The Perkins is a bit too small.
    I think, therefore I am. I am, therefore I sail.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    Hi Wayne

Get yourself in contact with Caer Urfa of this forum.

He knows everything there is to be known about Colvic Watsons which are very similar to the Fishers.. He might be able to put you in contact with the Fisher owners for more info about the boat.

The hulls are pretty indestructible, and you will have no difficulty with putting a proper deck and wheelhouse on her. I suspect that a re-engining is also on the cards. The Perkins is a bit too small.

I will do that Tim, thanks.

Yes just been looking at the Perkins, a bit low on steam hey, good chuggers tho. That would be good deciding what engine to go for, take me long enough to choose a cleat.

It doesn't look like a Fisher to me the bowsprit is wrong and only the one porthole. It could conceivably be a Fisher hull moulding but I am not sure that Northshore or their predecessors supplied to the home completion market, I think perhaps Pheon did. The Perkins engine would not be original if it was a Fisher either.

The deckhouse construction and design is wrong also it would have been GRP as well.
    Last edited by Fr J Hackett; 08-07-19 at 15:43.

Just out of curiosity, (I know where the boat is) do you get to keep the jetty mooring, or has the boat to be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    Is that beauty still moored near you, my god i fell in love with that Mark.
    yep and that's only a 28. Looks like a factory finished one though - or one finished to a very good standard.

When I first started sailing "big" boats (a mirage 28!) in the Dart, there was a fisher 25 or 28 next to us. The guy was so old he could hardly walk. We'd bring the mirage in and we 2 gorillas would wrangle it to a halt with noisy leaps and frantic shouts. The fisher guy would come in at any state of tidal flow, He'd stop it perfectly, take what seemed like an age to step off and still tie the boat up perfectly on his own. I've now got an ingrained prejudice that fisher owners know what they are doing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fr J Hackett View Post
    It doesn't look like a Fisher to me the bowsprit is wrong and only the one porthole. It could conceivably be a Fisher hull moulding but I am not sure that Northshore or their predecessors supplied to the home completion market, I think perhaps Pheon did. The Perkins engine would not be original if it was a Fisher either.

The deckhouse construction and design is wrong also it would have been GRP as well.
    I'm sure you're right. The gunwhale is wrong too.

But it doesn't matter. Wayne will make most of what he fits to it from scratch, so it will end up as a fisher type boat whether the GRP bit is original or not. As long as the basic structure is sound he'll get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy_S View Post
    Just out of curiosity, (I know where the boat is) do you get to keep the jetty mooring, or has the boat to be removed?
    That will have to be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I'm sure you're right. The gunwhale is wrong too.

But it doesn't matter. Wayne will make most of what he fits to it from scratch, so it will end up as a fisher type boat whether the GRP bit is original or not. As long as the basic structure is sound he'll get the same result.
    I already have plans if the deck is goosed

Hello Wayne

I saw sarabande's post as an interesting project you have found, I use the word PROJECT but try Project ++.

She is 100% NOT a Colvic Watson thats for sure, I would be 90% sure its an early Fisher hull and coach roof with a plywood wheelhouse, however normally Fishers do not have Perkins engines in them which makes
    a 'home completion' more likely by the original owner as not all Fishers were factory built as some may think.

As suggested you could contact the Fisher Owners Association who 100% will confirm what she is and what is not. see here:- https://www.fisherowners.org/

Good luck but you will need lots of time and money for that one.

Regards Mike
    Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

Quote Originally Posted by Caer Urfa View Post
    Hello Wayne

I saw sarabande's post as an interesting project you have found, I use the word PROJECT but try Project ++.

She is 100% NOT a Colvic Watson thats for sure, I would be 90% sure its an early Fisher hull and coach roof with a plywood wheelhouse, however normally Fishers do not have Perkins engines in them which makes
    a 'home completion' more likely by the original owner as not all Fishers were factory built as some may think.

As suggested you could contact the Fisher Owners Association who 100% will confirm what she is and what is not. see here:- https://www.fisherowners.org/

Good luck but you will need lots of time and money for that one.

Regards Mike
    My dad had a freeward hull and deck which he fitted out back in 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Caer Urfa View Post
    ...however normally Fishers do not have Perkins engines in them which makes a 'home completion' more likely....
    But mightn't a boat around 45 years old have been re-engined by now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast