Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is this a Fisher 37 ???

Hi all, had aral bad nights sleep, reason is i just launched my last long project and like i do i cant help but look at boats.

And well this shows up, what a cracker it will be for me. A lot of positive points with it. This is not coming home as i need to give T a break and give her house back, it comes with a mooring.

Just need to make sure i know what i am looking at so what boat do you guys think it is ??

Selling as a Fisher 37....but is it ??????

Thanks

Captain Faffer

Default Re: Is this a Fisher 37 ???

Looks like a fisher hull with deck finished non standard,seen one fisher 30 hull with non standard deck so maybe they just sold the hull,looks a great boat should keep you off the street for a while!.....donít let the wife see the name!

Quote Originally Posted by Wansworth View Post
    Looks like a fisher hull with deck finished non standard,seen one fisher 30 hull with non standard deck so maybe they just sold the hull,looks a great boat should keep you off the street for a while!.....don’t let the wife see the name!
    Thanks , just trying to work out a value and if its worth the £5k, it has the 3cyl Perkins and hull is original gel coat and in great condition from what the seller says., thats about it for now, i will know more later when i go see it.

This is a long keeper for me from and upgrade already after a four year rebuild of a Buckingham 20 canal cruiser. Only launched it last week....barmy i know.

Oh my wife understands from my boat i have now. she is a diamond 100%...the wife that is.

From the Needles to the Nab, from Cowes to St Catherine's

I would have thought an offer to take off the sellers hands for free would be more realistic than parting with £5k..
    Substance over style

Quote Originally Posted by Little Grebe View Post
    I would have thought an offer to take off the sellers hands for free would be more realistic than parting with £5k..
    Its got to be worth some thing ???????????

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    Its got to be worth some thing ???????????
    It depends how much it's costing the current owner to keep it. The usual rule with old yachts is you're paying for the engine and getting a free hull...

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    Selling as a Fisher 37....but is it ??????
    Certainly looks like a Fisher 37 hull, but that's where the similarity ends. A few hulls were sold for home completion, I believe. The work involved in sorting this one out would be massive, and very costly in terms of materials too. Even if you managed to eventually get it looking something like a Fisher 37, it won't ever be worth Fisher money, perhaps £25-30K rather than £60K.

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    Certainly looks like a Fisher 37 hull, but that's where the similarity ends. A few hulls were sold for home completion, I believe. The work involved in sorting this one out would be massive, and very costly in terms of materials too. Even if you managed to eventually get it looking something like a Fisher 37, it won't ever be worth Fisher money, perhaps £25-30K rather than £60K.
    Not that bothered about what it will be worth towards a real Fisher 37, even the £25 plus sounds a lot to me. I like it as a project/hobby as much as sailing or cruising it.

If the top deck is a gonner then i will take that into account as will the rest of it. I am sure i will be able to get it lower now after looking into prices etc.

I would be happy to build a new top deck as the hulls are very well built. subject to price.

I have made a time to view this Friday so will see whats what then.

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    By Wayne's standards this one is nearly finished. Don't fret about his ability to finish it........
    Take a look at his "plant pot" thread on the mobo forum.
    Good point about the final value.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    By Wayne's standards this one is nearly finished. Don't fret about his ability to finish it........
    Take a look at his "plant pot" thread on the mobo forum.
    Good point about the final value.
    Is that beauty still moored near you, my god i fell in love with that Mark.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast