Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Is this a Fisher 37 ???

Quote Originally Posted by pvb View Post
    But mightn't a boat around 45 years old have been re-engined by now?
    Yes totally agree the engine could have been re-engined, but like many puzzles Wayne says she has a 3 cylinder Perkins engine of which most are around 30 hp,
    where as the Fisher 37 have around 80 hp and in the 70's would have been Ford, Mercedes and Yanmar.

Other than cost so why would you re-fit a serious offshore cruising yacht with a 30 hp engine to move what is probably a 12/14 ton boat

Until Wayne checks exactly what Type Perkins is fitted we can all guess, however on the plus side Perkins engine parts are readily available
    Archivist for the Colvic Watson Owners Group

I would say 99% that it is a Fisher 37 hull and that is where any similarity ends. The stemhead fitting is not as it would have come out of the factory and the coachroof would have been longer and the wheelhouse on early boats had 3 side windows (plus the shape of coachroof is all wrong). Engines in the late 1980's early 1990's were Perkins 80hp before moving to Yanmar in some of the last boats.

I would estimate this is a early boat sold by Fairways before Northshore took total control of Fisher in the early 1980's. Northshore would only sell a bonded unit for home completion (hull, deck/wheelhouse) structurally sound and they were not encouraged. The engines went in afterwards through the wheelhouse roof.

FISHER 37 -80hp - 1975
    Attached Images Attached Images

How do i moved both threads together that i started with the mobo thread.

Just to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
    How do i moved both threads together that i started with the mobo thread.

Just to make it easier.
    Does it matter now you’ve discounted it?

Not really. Just folk shown intereststill though if the boat can come out to hard standing things will be different.

The seller said they may have facilities bit not sure. Think he just trying to get rid of it.
    Understandal

I think sanity might be prevailing...

Quote Originally Posted by E39mad View Post
    I would say 99% that it is a Fisher 37 hull and that is where any similarity ends. The stemhead fitting is not as it would have come out of the factory and the coachroof would have been longer and the wheelhouse on early boats had 3 side windows (plus the shape of coachroof is all wrong). Engines in the late 1980's early 1990's were Perkins 80hp before moving to Yanmar in some of the last boats.

I would estimate this is a early boat sold by Fairways before Northshore took total control of Fisher in the early 1980's. Northshore would only sell a bonded unit for home completion (hull, deck/wheelhouse) structurally sound and they were not encouraged. The engines went in afterwards through the wheelhouse roof.
    This sounds possible: definitely not a Colvic Watson: hull pretty closely approximates a Fisher 34 or 37, though clearly a very non-standard completion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123