Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone had problems with B&G Vulcans ?

On my recent trip when I could well have used my New B&G Vulcan it decided using it once a month was too much and it got hot and went off never to come back on again. Whilst I liked the idea of touch screen and the gizmos. I found it hard to roam. difficult to even change time. it would reset when it felt like it. all in a week. then simply gave up and shut down.

After a few minuets of firing up the Garmin 128 I was back in action. the garmin must be 20 years old. like new, easier to enter everything. simple to scroll. Ive not used the Vulcan much probably 10 times. Warranty finished I might as well bin it.

Anyone else in the same Boat!!

Steveeasy

Default Re: Anyone had problems with B&G Vulcans ?

No problems with mine. Refresh is sometimes a bit slow. Much better and intuitive than the Lowrance HDS it replaced - I couldn't get inside the head of the guy that programmed that!

Ours has been fine. I wonder whether you might have a slightly iffy connection on one of the power cable leads? That would cause it to lose power momentarily then restart when it was restored. Just a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by KAL View Post
    Ours has been fine. I wonder whether you might have a slightly iffy connection on one of the power cable leads? That would cause it to lose power momentarily then restart when it was restored. Just a thought?
    +1
    I am in love with my Vulcan. The bees knees.
    As KAL says, suspect a power supply issue?
    Also Im curious about your it gets hot. Mine does get warm, but apart from a few seconds to refresh (worse since software update) it has been faultless - despite my voltage occasionally falling to an indicated 11v.
    EDIT: Im not very fond of the power plug into the unit. It doesnt seem to have a positive closure...which might make the power supply inconsistent???
    Last edited by Venus1; 09-07-19 at 07:17.

Must be a one off then. Had no other problems. I've checked the supply power cable with volt meter and all seams well. The screen got very hot. Just won't turn on. Looks like I'll have to send it off.its out of warrenty so might not be worth fixing.
    Dteveeasy

Really happy with my Vulcan 9, except the sun cover is so tight you can't remove it without it also taking the (fragile-looking) bezel with it. Fortunately it's below deck at the chart table so not exactly critical.

It's worth calling b&g . They don't repair gear but normally offer big big discounts off replacements.

I was meaning to start a thread like this myself - mine occasionally freezes and stops responding for a few seconds, just long enough to be annoying, no more.

well I spoke to where I bought it from and was told it only had 1 year warranty. so I called B&G and asked if they would repair it. they said its still covered by warranty. I questioned this as it was purchased in April 2018.
    His response was that all there products are covered for 2 full years from date of purchase. He went on to say its EU law that now makes all electrical products sold in the EU covered by a min 2 years. he said so when you pop in to currys and told its only 1 year its not correct its 2 years.

Well that's good news for me and all of us it seams

Steveeasy.

My B&G vulcan 7 has just locked up in the logo screen, occasional flickering. Supplier chandler is sorting out for me as its not even a year old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast