Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Odet river anchorages

Anyone anchored in the Odet up from Benodet? Is it foul up there or good holding in mud and sand?
    Last edited by robertj; 08-07-19 at 16:34.

Default Re: Odet river anchorages

Just to port before you get to the lake area is nice. We spent about 4 days there. You can take the dinghy up to near the supermarket. I seem to remember it was thick mud.

ps: the tripper boats come up to there, so don't anchor too far out.

I anchored on river at Anse de Combrit, then went up river to Quimper

414-Quimper.jpg
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Quote Originally Posted by robertj View Post
    Anyone anchored in the Odet up from Benodet? Is it foul up there or good holding in mud and sand?
    The best is the Anse de Toulven which is to starboard just before the river opens up to a broad expanse below Quimper. The entrance is narrow and you almost don't see it until it's abreast.

Best go in when the tide is at least halfway in. The anse itself is completely protected by high woodland and the bottom is mud. I draw 1m70 and have not touched at low tide.

However just before entering there is a spur of rocks running out from the starboard side of the entrance (just before entering the anse itself) This spur covers at high tide and so you need to keep well to port (north side) when entering and leaving.

It sounds a bit more difficult than it actually is and once inside it doesn't matter what is blowing outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    The best is the Anse de Toulven which is to starboard just before the river opens up to a broad expanse below Quimper. The entrance is narrow and you almost don't see it until it's abreast.

Best go in when the tide is at least halfway in. The anse itself is completely protected by high woodland and the bottom is mud. I draw 1m70 and have not touched at low tide.

However just before entering there is a spur of rocks running out from the starboard side of the entrance (just before entering the anse itself) This spur covers at high tide and so you need to keep well to port (north side) when entering and leaving.

It sounds a bit more difficult than it actually is and once inside it doesn't matter what is blowing outside.
    my best shouted french could not prevent a french steel boat hitting at a fair lick there once. a certain Brent Swain would have been proud to proclaim it as a victory of steel over granite.
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post

But you miss the tripper boats passing up and down. And I thought it was a bit gloomy in there.

Not sure if it's the same place described by Sybarite but we spent a night here drawing 2m without any problems. There were a few buoys, one of which we 'borrowed'.
    Screenshot_20190710-153433_Boating HD.jpg
    I'd rather be tethered to a pad eye than tethered to an iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Not sure if it's the same place described by Sybarite but we spent a night here drawing 2m without any problems. There were a few buoys, one of which we 'borrowed'.
    No, his location was just to starboard before you got there. That's where I anchored.

Quote Originally Posted by dgadee View Post
    No, his location was just to starboard before you got there. That's where I anchored.
    yes, what was called in Adlard Coles Biscay pilot as 'the secret anchorage'
    Sermons from my pulpit are with tongue firmly in cheek and without any warranty!

Lorient, just back from a second round Atlantic trip

A place I often use to describe the integration between different chart types, a collection of different chart sources about Toulven here:

http://sybrancaleone.blogspot.com/20...gazione-1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast