Thread: Loch Scadabay

Default Loch Scadabay

There happens to be a mention of Loch Scadabay in this month's PBO. (Well Augusts).
    Loch Scadabay, on the east side of Harris, is a small, beautifully sheltered shallow anchorage, with a very narrow, but straightforward entrance. Even though the entrance faces south, no sea gets in, and we sat out a Southerly gale there last year quite happily.

We were there three or four weeks ago, and unfortunately our anchor fouled a massive old chain, which appeared to run NW - SE, possibly going right across. It is thought to be part of an old disused mooring for a fishing boat which used to be based there. Although I don't like tripping lines and buoys, my advice would be, if you're visiting Loch Scadabay, use a tripping line.

The magazine is quite confusing, as the large photo is not of Loch Scadabay, but a totally different inlet further south.
    Last edited by NormanS; 09-07-19 at 19:42. Reason: further information to avoid confusion

I know how fast I'm going, but not where I am

Default Re: Loch Scadabay

Which bit, the 3m deep bit, or the 0.3m deep bit?

Quote Originally Posted by AngusMcDoon View Post
    Which bit, the 3m deep bit, or the 0.3m deep bit?
    The shallow bit. I've been in touch with Bob at Antares, and he is going to show the foul ground on the chartlet.
    Last edited by NormanS; 09-07-19 at 22:19.

Good post!
    Folkboat 'Stakkr' - Inverness - http://islandrov.wix.com/island-rov-web