Default Sailing through Dutch Windfarms

I vaguely recall someone here mentioning that it is now acceptable to sail through certain Dutch windfarms, but cannot find any details. Could anyone point me in the direction of a definitive list/document?

I am specifically interested in the one off Ijmuiden.

Default Re: Sailing through Dutch Windfarms

Is it unacceptable to sail through windfarms if they haven't created a prohibited zone around them?
    And how many of those are there? I don't see prohibited areas on my charts?

As a general rule in Belgium and Holland the wind farms are prohibited zones. But the Dutch created some exemptions. There was a thread on the Forum courtesy of a Dutch member (was it westhinder?) who provided a link to the named wind farms. I recall they were the Ijmuiden wind farms that were exempted.
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

They are described here:
    https://www.noordzeeloket.nl/en/func...nd-farms-open/

From the website:
    As of May 1, 2018 three wind farms off the coast of the Netherlands are open for ships with a length up to 24 meters. These are the wind farms: Offshore Windpark Egmond aan Zee (OWEZ), Prinses Amalia Windpark (PAWP) just offshore IJmuiden and Luchterduinen (LUD) 12NM west of the coastal town of Noordwijk.

Thank you.
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Thanks all, that is just the information I needed.

For others who don't wish to read the code of conduct document from the linked webpage: the windfarms are only accessible during daylight, you must have a class B AIS transponder as well as monitoring channel 16. Maintain 50m clearance to turbines and 500m to substations. No anchoring.

Sadly that means I will have to go round as I don't have an active AIS transponder.

Doesn't sound like it would be very relaxing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TLouth7 View Post
    Thanks all, that is just the information I needed.

For others who don't wish to read the code of conduct document from the linked webpage: the windfarms are only accessible during daylight, you must have a class B AIS transponder as well as monitoring channel 16. Maintain 50m clearance to turbines and 500m to substations. No anchoring.

Sadly that means I will have to go round as I don't have an active AIS transponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewinds View Post
    Doesn't sound like it would be very relaxing anyway.
    Possibly not but I have been through a few and the spacing is much larger than it appears from a distance. Some have designated passages, and I believe that the one between here and the Roompot has a specified route. For some reason the wind seems to drop in their vicinity.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere