Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rum and ?

Default Re: Rum and ?

I beer during the day and if finishing a watch at midnight a drink of your choice, Jane was white wine mine was Gordons gin with tonic and a slice of lime.

But, of course there are rums and rums, some are only drinkable if they are mixed with something else others are a treat to drink by themselves, my particular favourite is ‘Appleton Estate’ , but I do keep a bottle of ‘Pusser’s’ for when I feel like a change.

Shoreham - up the river without a paddle.

Back when I were a liveaboard we used to dilute Stroh rum with rum. Optimally Mount Gay, but more usually the cap'n. Strangely I still have a liver...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bumbulum View Post
    According to the story Prince Charles was visiting the London Docks, I think, when he was asked by some of the mateys if he'd like a drink; tea or wozza. Being an adventurous soul he chose wozza and was surprised to recieve a mug of tea with rum in it. He asked why it was called wozza. Cos it wozza cuppa tea, he was told.
    I believe that the (British) army know the tea/rum mix as 'Gunfire', as it used to be administered just prior to battle. A sort of non-Dutch courage, if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by fredrussell View Post
    I thought we were meant to be having rum with sodomy and the lash??? Yet another thing outlawed by the bloody PC crowd no doubt.
    Sodomy? Judging by all of the Pride marches these days it seems to be positively encouraged now.

The person to ask might be the owner who's boat has a built in rum tank as detailed here

rum tank.JPG

TS

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird30ds View Post
    You can't beat rum in a hot chocolate!
    I have tried Lilleys chocolate and apple cider with a shot of Kraken in and it was blood gorgeous, not something to drink much of as it's very sweet but even to just sit and sniff was good.
    Mmmmmm Rummmmmm..........
    Absolutely second rum in hot chocolate.

Rum Collins is an traditional cocktail as well.

If you're ever in Livorno, Italy make sure you sample a ponce. It's awesome

In Australia they drink rum and milk, sounds disgusting but is actually OK.

Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    Coconut water. Not milk.

I have studied this subject intensely over the past 30-odd years.

The optimal way to consume rum? Hack the top off a young coconut. Preferably one which fell in front of you as you were standing on a beach. Pour in rum. Drink with (reusable) straw.

I've tried and tried and failed to improve this. Squirt of lime? Bitters? pineapple juice? It's perfect as it is.

If you don't happen to have a coconut, the stuff in cartons is ok.

I'm also not adverse to a dark and stormy and am particularly partial to mjoitos
    A long time ago I was walking along a deserted beach in Diego Garcia in the British Indian ocean territories (with Superheat6K I recall) and the same thing happened to me! used a big diving knife to cut open coconut then filled it with Rum bought at the American PX for $1 a bottle. Can't remember much after that........

Used to drink rum and pep (peppermint cordial) when I was a lad. Haven't tried it for about 40 years.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast