Default Havengore Bridge broken again

The bridge is down again, no suggestion yet of when it will get fixed.
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

Default Re: Havengore Bridge broken again

This situation is just downright ridiculous.

As a local user (would be if it was ever operational) of the bridge, it is only now practical to plan passages ‘the long way round’.

I was caught last year when coming back through from the Estuary, circling in the basin for a half hour until it was clear that the bridge wouldn’t open. However, that meant I missed the required depth back over the sands to get out and go around.

Had to wait until the midnight high tide window to set off for an 8-hour journey back to my Great Wakering berthing - again having to wait for the next incoming tide on the other side - which should’ve been a 10 minute journey!

What annoys me is that I could get underneath the closed bridge if they didn’t have that bloody barrier hanging down. If they can’t or won’t maintain it properly, at least remove the hanging barrier.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.

And it's working again.
    Keep up to date with 'East Coast Pilot' at www.eastcoastpilot.com

What is the story with the barrier underneath. I wonder how legal it is. I know they will say its for our safety but do they have aright to control what I assume is a right to navigate through. If there wasn't a right of way they wouldn't spend money on an opening bridge surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
    What is the story with the barrier underneath. I wonder how legal it is. I know they will say its for our safety but do they have aright to control what I assume is a right to navigate through. If there wasn't a right of way they wouldn't spend money on an opening bridge surely.
    I assume it is to allow them to control when boats can and cant go through in relation to their firing activities. I don't really have a problem with that, as long as they maintain the bridge properly and allow us through when they are not firing. If they cannot keep the bridge in operation, they should at least remove the barrier.
    If found in the Brexit forum, please return to the real world.