Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Repeat Prescriptions

I was wondering how those of you who have repeat prescriptions manage to get your supplies when cruising abroad for long periods?
    Does a relative pick up and post to you?
    We are going to be in that position soon, so advice welcome.
    Thanks
    I read that drinking is bad for you, so I gave up reading.

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

Default Re: Repeat Prescriptions

In Greece we can buy our repeat prescriptions at the pharmacy for very little money. This applies to all medications other than drugs. We are allowed three months-worth from UK and buy the rest.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Knock a couple of weeks off the repeat date each time and build a surplus stock. Start in January and by may you can have enough to get you through to September.
    Gwylan, a settee with a sail

It's a problem, although I have found I can buy what I need in Spain even though they are prescription only. Depends what it is, and some pharmacies say no, others are fine. Getting them collected and posted out is probably the best option. Most marinas will take deliveries for you.

I seem to recall I got a three month supply prescribed before I went to Kenya for a month, and was told that was the absolute maximum. I didn't know how long I'd be away for.

Manage to get 3 months but only after seeing the doctor and telling him i was touring europe on a one off holiday. They have a budget to keep to and the practice managers monitor the prescriptions at my surgery. If they see anything more than 1 month on repeat, they cancel it back down to 1 month. Happens to me all the time and then i have to fly back to get a new supply. Delivery by post is haphazard to say the least especially here in Portugal. Some things can be bought here at the pharmacy but not all, I have to go and get a presription from a local doctor who are generally ok about it as long as you can show the original box or prescription from your own doctor. You can say you're on holiday and didn't bring enough.
    All in all it can be a problem if your plan is to stay away for long periods.
    Of course if you're lucky and have a nice GP like some of my friends you can get 6 months at once.

We get 6 months from GP and if we run short can get everything we need from pharmacy here but, as greeny says, you may need to produce the tablet box with name on it or, a photocopy of UK prescription. Some medication is cheaper from pharmacy if on prescription from local doctor.

We have a friend who puts ours in every month (one of our pills is only allowed to be prescribed monthly) and we pick them up when we go hone every few months or she brings them out to us. We have copies of the prescriptions so can get top ups through the local health system
    Peter

https://www.wessexlmcs.com/patientst...riptionsadvice

Sums it up well , there are many ways around it but some may be illegal or imoral , but that is not my Judgment call ,
    I also take 4 diffrent types of medication and get three months Supply
    Flying birds have no master

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingGoose View Post
    https://www.wessexlmcs.com/patientst...riptionsadvice

Sums it up well , there are many ways around it but some may be illegal or imoral , but that is not my Judgment call ,
    I also take 4 diffrent types of medication and get three months Supply
    Before coming away this year, our GP gave both of us two separate prescriptions, each for 3 months supply. Boots pharmacy queried them and said it wasn't allowed but when I said I would take the second one to another pharmacy, they changed their minds and processed both.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast