Default Pyefleet tonight

Just picked up a mooring in Pyefleet. 5.6M water - anyone know what the fall will be - LW early hours and I would like to be afloat with a 2M draft; just back from Boulogne and canít work it out!!
    Yacht: White Pearl - Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 32i

Default Re: Pyefleet tonight

Quiet neapy. Brightlingsea HW at 4.5m at 2022, LW 0.6m at 0245 BST Assuming you picked up the mooring around 1900 I reckon there will be 2m+ at LW (5.6m at say 1900hrs BST, deduct 4m height of tide = 1.6m CD but add + 0.6 height of tide at LW = 2.1m under you at 0245. Crude rule of thumb based on pessimism and it's lovely gluppy mud anyway. How far up had you gone?
    www.crossingthethamesestuary.com

Thanks Roger, your advice is invaluable- as is your book and website....we followed your directions back from Ramsgate today...SW sunk coordinations spot on! (We are with Caroline; she emailed you!) on pretty much the last mooring 😀

That's a crude rule of thumb but you will be fine. I noted your emails so as you had found the chartlet and I was dashing out I didn't respond. Pleased to know it helped. Bit of northerlies tomorrow for your return to Levington - assuming you are going back tomorrow.

I visited Pyefleet for the first time last Thursday and have to say I was a little bit disappointed with it!

No room to anchor and all the moorings were taken except one. We grabbed this and got the details of who to pay from the laminated A4 attached. Sat back in the cockpit and noticed 1.2 m below the 2m keel about 2 and half hours off low water. Quick tidal graph completed and concluded not good to stay the night.

I'm sure we could of sunk in the mud the 400 mm we were short of water but not being a local didn't want to risk it.

Was springs last weekend so not the same deal as today, it was the furthest mooring on LHS as you go in.

Quote Originally Posted by xyachtdave View Post
    I visited Pyefleet for the first time last Thursday and have to say I was a little bit disappointed with it!

No room to anchor and all the moorings were taken except one. We grabbed this and got the details of who to pay from the laminated A4 attached. Sat back in the cockpit and noticed 1.2 m below the 2m keel about 2 and half hours off low water. Quick tidal graph completed and concluded not good to stay the night.

I'm sure we could of sunk in the mud the 400 mm we were short of water but not being a local didn't want to risk it.

Was springs last weekend so not the same deal as today, it was the furthest mooring on LHS as you go in.
    You didn't try hard enough. There is enough water for most cruising boats to anchor in the middle past the moorings. Even if you get it slightly wrong the mud is so soft that you won't even wake up.
    Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

Looked liked further in past the moorings/already anchored boats are oyster beds?

We draw 2m and anchor in pyefleet regularly. We like it - it feels claustrophobic compared to Hamford Water, for example, but we;ve always held well and had v quiet nights there.

Thanks all - not much water but we liked it so much we are still here! Lazy day; swimming etc. Sun nearly over the yard arm 😉

Good, good. Did you order some lobster?