Default Jester Azores Challenge 2020

It may seem premature, but queries are popping up already. Some info will be posted here from time to time, Due to the nature and ethos of the events and the characters, expect a certain degree of 'attempting to herd cats'.... but it all works out on the water.

Next year is the Jester Azores Challenge and unless there are strong reasons against I am suggesting a start at 12 noon on Sunday 31 May. High-water Devonport is at 1339 BST which is about as good as we can get.

The list has been open for some time (all JC lists into the future are open all the time) with, currently, eleven potential entries. So, now is the time to get planning.......................

I hope everyone has fine moons'l weather for the rest of the 2019 season. Ewen
    Last edited by zoidberg; 12-07-19 at 12:04.

Default Re: Jester Azores Challenge 2020

Just left the Azores (by aeroplane) and I can confirm the Caipirinha's from the naval club of horta, over looking the marina are very good indeed!

If only I still had a jester eligible and offshore capable boat!

Default Re: Jester Azores Challenge 2020

Those interested in heading down Azores-way next June.... and coming back later in the season..... might fruitfully examine the weather system being shown in Windy.ty on Sunday 28 July in and around the direct route Azores - Falmouth, and step the progress forward every few hours....

https://www.windy.com/?51.484,-2.770,5,m:eVuafQD

Then consider what the sea state will become in the vicinity of the Continental Shelf drop-off to the west of Brest/Ushant.....

Several of our brethren had the foresight and forecast to divert into La Corunna. There are others who didn't.