Thread: Deleted Thread

Default Deleted Thread

I can't help having a chuckle when I see Spi D's thread over on PBO has been deleted when the title says it all
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

Default Re: Deleted Thread

Im wondering how many others also went and looked!

Where? What? Do tell!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInBed View Post
    I can't help having a chuckle when I see Spi D's thread over on PBO has been deleted when the title says it all
    But that thread is over 4 years old and several of us have contributed to it over the years. Has it taken the Mods that long to latch on?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    But that thread is over 4 years old and several of us have contributed to it over the years. Has it taken the Mods that long to latch on?

Richard
    Apparently so!
    MontyMariner.co.uk
    Facilitated by AWESEM WP Agency

I don't know the thread I don't know if this is applicable but this has come to a head recently:

My understanding is that publishers are now responsible for statements they 'allow' to be published on social media. Not the individual who has posted - presumably as individuals are more difficult to trace, might be outside the jurisdiction of those trying to charge them, the publisher is an easier target, and the publisher has more cash. The rules have changed, publishers need be more stringent.

What was allowed previously will be carefully scrutinised now and as this has a cost some 'social media' might close and or rules might need to be changed (and/or underlined).

I might stress this has nothing to do with YBW, that I am aware of. But the suggestion is that some parts of the legal profession are combing social media as a means of finding new litigation to pursue.

The times we live in

Apologies if this is totally irrelevant

Jonathan

Edit,

Given I request confirmation and quantification of comment I find questionable I thought I might take a leaf out of my own book, set a good example and substantiate my comments, above.

I confess I had not realised, forgotten or taken no notice but the article, that was the foundation of my post, is Oz - centric - and maybe not relevant in the real world.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...uggets-of-gold

close edit
    Last edited by Neeves; 14-07-19 at 06:51.