Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Preveza Anchorage some call it Hospital Bay

The Greek coastguard are telling boatowners to move from the preveza anchorage into Cleapatra marina. Effectively pimping for the marina. I refused and sailed down to Vliho

Default Re: Preveza Anchorage some call it Hospital Bay

Quote Originally Posted by BurnitBlue View Post
    The Greek coastguard are telling boatowners to move from the preveza anchorage into Cleapatra marina. Effectively pimping for the marina. I refused and sailed down to Vliho
    That's New , never have been a problem , you have to wonder if there something going on , on your lines of thinking.
    I would had done the same
    Warning forumite dyslexia near by
    www.bluewatersailorcroatia.webs.com

Hi, where precisely are you talking about as that is a huge area for anchoring. Is it just outside the marina?

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    Hi, where precisely are you talking about as that is a huge area for anchoring. Is it just outside the marina?
    I would say he talking about outside the old fishing harbour , that what we use to refer to hospital bay.

I not surprise this is happening, N , now the new marina opened athought it has always been a anchorages as long as you keep away from the channel .

Has you and I know the town wall which alway have been free , there now a charge and the last bit they wasn't changing is moving into the charging area too , even tho it can be down right dangerous to moor there when the winds are easterly

Quote Originally Posted by jordanbasset View Post
    Yes, Vic has it outside the fishing harbour. I had been there just two days when a coastguard rib went the rounds. When i got to Vlicho was chatting with folk already there and they wondered if they were keeping the entrance to the fishing harbour clear. Did not really make sense as there is no defined entrance channel and fishing boats arrive from any direction.

One skipper thought this was the start of mooring buoys. I myself was told to move from a position nowhere near obstructing the entrance.

All the free water taps even in the fishing harbour have been turned off and replaced with those card operated plinths.

It rained a bit yesterday and I expected a tap on the shoulder to pay for it. Silly, i know but it demonstrates the suspicion folk are developing about unmitigated greed.

Same thing happened in Portimao Portugal some 10/12 years ago. The anchorage was cleared and boats "encouraged" to use the marina as the River was not an Anchorage according to the PM. Owners clubbed together and went to see a local solicitor who wrote to both the PM and marina management requesting their legal view on the anchorage. Miraculously the practise stopped. Rumour has it that the local PM were receiving commission on boats that relocated into the marina. Never proven but highly suspicous.

Yes, Vic has it outside the fishing harbour. I had been there just two days when a coastguard rib went the rounds. When i got to Vlicho was chatting with folk already there and they wondered if they were keeping the entrance to the fishing harbour clear. Did not really make sense as there is no defined entrance channel and fishing boats arrive from any direction.

One skipper thought this was the start of mooring buoys. I myself was told to move from a position nowhere near obstructing the entrance.

All the free water taps even in the fishing harbour have been turned off and replaced with those card operated plinths.

It rained a bit yesterday and I expected a tap on the shoulder to pay for it. Silly, i know but it demonstrates the suspicion folk are developing about unmitigated greed.

Cheers, good to know, will probably be there in September, sounds as if there should not be too much of a problem finding a place to anchor

Great! So, you splash across at Aktio and your options for the hour while you collect your Transit Log and pay your 100 Euro/month cruising tax to the Customs girl, are to pay 52 Euro for the New marina, or 20 Euro's for the wall? Just cementing my decision to relocate from the Ionion.

Quote Originally Posted by truscott View Post
    Great! So, you splash across at Aktio and your options for the hour while you collect your Transit Log and pay your 100 Euro/month cruising tax to the Customs girl, are to pay 52 Euro for the New marina, or 20 Euro's for the wall? Just cementing my decision to relocate from the Ionion.
    BE CAREFUL some will accuse you of having a rant about their beloved Greece .

If that's what's happening , it's nothing unusual, for PP to do a deal with marina ,
    Some years back the same happened in Messolonghi until the Greek director fall out of favour with the PP .
    Some here got very excited when town harbour was being developed , same as what's happen in Vasiliki , very short sighted people ,
    I not hear one person yet report they used it and the same will happen in vasilki, combine that the local boats once finish will take over the little space on the old town harbour which will only leave two option , pay marina fees ,or anchor ,
    Until the PP decide to clean that anchorage too .

Not a rant just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast