Default Help with boarding ladder please

20190714_201927.jpg

Hi does anyone know where I could get a spare one of these things for my boarding ladder- sorry don't even know the name of what it is. It's the plastic part of the boarding ladder that attaches to the frame and then sits against the boat- a support I suppose.
    One is broken and I wanted to get a replacement but don't know what the thing is even called. Help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Default Re: Help with boarding ladder please

It's probably called a boarding ladder foot. The chances of buying that piece alone are slim I'd say. Best start saving for a new ladder, ask at local chandlers or get someone to make one on a lathe or possibly 3D printing.

What about a walking stick 'foot'. They seem to come in various shapes and sizes but normally black.

Things like this just need a bit of ingenuity and imagination, then get/make two so they match. Take a walk around your local diy. Things that spring to mind are the ends of the poles they use for shower poles or suchlike.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathook View Post
    What about a walking stick 'foot'. They seem to come in various shapes and sizes but normally black.
    Google walking stick ferrules. I got some in white for my boarding ladder and very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinan12 View Post
    20190714_201927.jpg

Hi does anyone know where I could get a spare one of these things for my boarding ladder- sorry don't even know the name of what it is. It's the plastic part of the boarding ladder that attaches to the frame and then sits against the boat- a support I suppose.
    One is broken and I wanted to get a replacement but don't know what the thing is even called. Help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    How about these from Force4:- https://www.force4.co.uk/force-4-lad...adder%20stand&

Or same things from eBay , but cheaper https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132669954105

Otherwise do Google searches for Boarding ladder stand-offs, boarding ladder stand-off feet etc

Or as suggested above a walking stick ferrule
    Last edited by VicS; 15-07-19 at 08:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathook View Post
    I had exactly the same problem, and used as suggested above a walking stick foot, works perfectly and is now on itís second season, at about £1.00 in local DIY an absolute bargain.

They're known as tilt 'n glide feet. Horrible name, but that's not my fault. You just need to measure the thread size.

https://www.sinclair-rush.co.uk/cate...YaAmCEEALw_wcB

Thanks everyone great advice as usual
    You never dissapoint !

Sorry about my pessimistic reply, I'm glad you had some more positive responses.