Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grek entry fee

Default Grek entry fee

Greek entry fee.

Have question. I went to Ermioni to get a Dekpa stamp. Female Coast guard officer was extremely fussy but polite, spoke good English.

She was very glad I had paid three months of Tepai tax, told me I was the first one who knew and who had paid. This was in July.

She then asked where my boat was before July.

When I told her we just came from Italy ( !!!! ) she told me I had to pay an entrance fee.

Does somebody know if this is true?

Some years ago an other officer told me I had to pay an entrance fee because I came from Turkey. From out of the EU. So I told him I came from Italy. No fee.

Does every airplane passenger or train passenger has to pay an entrance fee when entering Greece?

I made a lot of noise there in Ermioni and became my stamp without paying an entrance fee.

Default Re: Grek entry fee

We paid for the (new) Dekpa, I think €50, plus a €15 stamping fee to the PP. Plus the TEPAI online. We did come from Italy (and said so), upon which the PP officer in Gouvia said "that's good" and that was that. No "entrance fee".

How much was it? Perhaps what you've really paid was the "entering Greece at a small port fee", which pays for the PP's coffee ;-) Or perhaps she found it an unlikely location to be arriving from Italy at!

Quote Originally Posted by Yngmar View Post
    We paid for the (new) Dekpa, I think €50, plus a €15 stamping fee to the PP. Plus the TEPAI online. We did come from Italy (and said so), upon which the PP officer in Gouvia said "that's good" and that was that. No "entrance fee".

How much was it? Perhaps what you've really paid was the "entering Greece at a small port fee", which pays for the PP's coffee ;-) Or perhaps she found it an unlikely location to be arriving from Italy at!
    I think it I remember correctly paying €50 entry fee at Corfu coming from Italy last year.
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

Quote Originally Posted by rtboss1 View Post
    I think it I remember correctly paying €50 entry fee at Corfu coming from Italy last year.
    A new DEKPA costs 50 euro. Did you get a new one or use an existing one?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngmar View Post

We paid nothing. She did not mention how much the entrance fee was, had no chance because I sort of exploded in anger ( dumb, I know ) and started protesting.

I don't know what it is with me, I have problems with big mad dogs and everything wearing a uniform and telling me what to do.

Our Dekpa was three years old, from after they reinstated the Dekpa stamp nonsense for yachts shorter than 10 meters.

A 15 € stamping fee? Why ? The ink can´t cost a lot and the labour ????

Why would yachty´s have to pay an entrance fee and airplane or train passengers not ?

If they want money for coffee, I don't mind. I will gladly pay them a coffee. Not some discriminating fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistroma View Post
    A new DEKPA costs 50 euro. Did you get a new one or use an existing one?
    If I am honest I cannot remember , I had to get a new Dekpa ,but I also think there was an entrance fee.
    never confuse education with intelligence
    Sailing the Aegean

As far as I know, the 15 euros is the entrance fee. Any boat entering the country must pay for that.
    Keep sailing

Quote Originally Posted by cmedsailor View Post
    As far as I know, the 15 euros is the entrance fee. Any boat entering the country must pay for that.
    In that case Greece is the only country wanting a entrance fee ( for the boat )
    We sailed in 6 European countries, never had to pay to enter.
    Vic is not wrong claiming that the Greeks try to wring money out of sailors.

Just a remark, not a rant : I watched the Coast guard chequeing boats last week in two different places.
    One thing was clear, They targeted small Greek boats. I did not see them chequeing on foreign yachts, nor did they cheque bigger ( + 7 m ) Greek mobo´s.

Saw the same thing happening in Turkey many years back. When I asked a befriended Coast guard officer he told me that chequeing on big mobo´s was the same as giving away your job. Owners of big mobo´s have connections. I wonder if the same is happening in Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBawley View Post
    Why would yachty´s have to pay an entrance fee and airplane or train passengers not ?
    You seem confused between people and boats.

Yachties don't pay an entry fee when arriving from elsewhere in Schengen. That would be illegal.

I suspect that if you took your boat to Greece on a plane, or even a train, the formalities and cost would be rather formidable.
    All epigrams are false

Quote Originally Posted by macd View Post
    You seem confused between people and boats.

Yachties don't pay an entry fee when arriving from elsewhere in Schengen. That would be illegal.

I suspect that if you took your boat to Greece on a plane, or even a train, the formalities and cost would be rather formidable.
    So would the train or plane! (be formidable)
    Last edited by Resolution; 17-07-19 at 08:27.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast