Thread: Camaret marina?

Default Camaret marina?

Morning all and we are looking to depart Portsmouth tomorrow and head to camaret whilst we await a weather window to cross the bay of biscay on the way to the canaries.

Can anyone confirm you can get diesel there, or will we have to go to brest, as looking at the weather forecast we may be doing a lot of motoring!

Dtd

Default Re: Camaret marina?

I swung by last week but ended up fueling in Douarnenez where I was headed anyway. I heard there are still some probs on the fuel pontoon, though you'd need to check.

Recent link on this topic from a knowledgeable chap called Jezza:
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...and-Brest-info

Can't help with Camaret but I can confirm that the fuel berth at Roscoff was working about 10 days ago when we were there.
    ۞

Similarly, whilst in the area last year, I delivered a yacht to the big marina in Brest that has an strightrorward diesel dock to get onto at any state of tide and most winds. Can be a slog against tide to get or return from there!

Further across the Bay itself, if you expend a lot of fuel, Ive stopped at Bayonna twice in the last 12 months and is another straightforward berth. Drifted thread a bit but may come in handy!

The fuel pontoon on the outer marina was working fine a month ago. That's on the very outer pontoon, by Vaubans Fort about 0.5km before town quay marina, self service, so easy access. Are the reports of fuel issues more recent than that?
    A boat is for going places

Take pot luck with the fueller at Camaret - invariably, it doesn't work! Also, the fuel is usually dirty, or has water in it. Take the extra couple of hours to go up to Marina du Moulin Blanc in Brest. The fueller there is 1st class, and fuel good - rely on our opinion as former long-term berth-holders at Camaret and now occasional (as rarely as poss!) visitors. Moulin blanc has the advantage in good chandleries to hand and a 20-minute bus service into Brest centre and a multiplicity of supermarkets. Any queries contact us on ufomist@gmail.com

?? Used the fueler at Camaret on about 13 May and 7th June. Fueler seemed fine, but didnt like one card as preset to about 400 euro max ceiling before delivery and card had £250 ceiling. Fuel fine and no water collected in filter bowl and no obvious debris blocking filter. Many they have improved their act.
    A boat is for going places

Visited Cameret on the 27th June. Fuel dock on inside of outer pontoon working perfectly well. It's unstaffed so you need a credit card.