Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ships Papers

Default Re: Ships Papers

Quote Originally Posted by stu9000 View Post
    What's a T2L?
    Although it wasn't designed for the purpose, it's a VAT certificate demanded so far only by a couple of countries stating that goods are free to move within the EU. Whether a UK one will be valid after Brexit, we will just have to wait and see.

Your bill of sale between owners is not proof that VAT has been paid and we're approaching possibly difficult times. Lots of info on the Liveaboard forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stingo View Post
    Stu9000, just noticed your profile pic. I'll be very impressed if you're going across the channel in a Mirror dinghy.
    LOL. That would be an adventure. But not for me. I'm on a Seahawk

North Wales, sailing Aegean Sea or Menai Strait

The only place that my VHF radio licence, and my operating licence, have been inspected was Belgium. Many years ago.
    Answers to some technical queries at new website http://coxeng.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by vyv_cox View Post
    The only place that my VHF radio licence, and my operating licence, have been inspected was Belgium. Many years ago.
    Thanks. Maybe I'm being over cautious but SSR and Vhf op cert seem to be key docs. Luckily the RYA is sending mine over now. My first mate has just received his so we are covered for that.

The only document I feel I don't have yet is a proper receipt for the diesel I bought a few weeks ago.

I spoke to the diesel provender to get a receipt (needed for my stop off in Belgium as it is red diesel) . They say I can pay the extra duty which would fully cover me with EU regs. They will say on the receipt that full duty has been paid.

The other alternative was to get a receipt saying I've "paid 60/40". I think the 40 is duty not paid because it is for heating. On this occasion I'll go for the first option but I wondered what others did?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bumbulum View Post
    EHIC cert is only advisory and certainoy not a 'requirement'
    That might depend on the hospital. Had a friend come off his motorbike; complex femur fracture and before they started cutting his leathers off he was asked for his EHIC card.

I carry a photocopy of my bill of sale.

Home-Sidcup, boat-Lower Halstow, Kent, England

Quote Originally Posted by stu9000 View Post
    Thanks. Maybe I'm being over cautious but SSR and Vhf op cert seem to be key docs. Luckily the RYA is sending mine over now. My first mate has just received his so we are covered for that.
    When I was checked a few weeks ago in Oostende, Belgium Customs explicitly asked for proof of ownership and radio licence. I offered proof of VAT as my boat was imported back into the UK from Guernsey and was told they were not interested in that. I handed them my ships radio license and said my operators lisence was in the chart table, but they didn't seemed bothered about that. I think they were impressed everything else was in one folder. I would definitely get the full VAT receipt as when asking permission to come aboard they gave the reason of a document check and fuel check. Happy with the documentation they left us and the other boat I was traveling with, without checking the fuel. I think the key thing is to be welcoming to them, have everything to hand and be relaxed. Probably easier for me knowing I had only used white Diesel for the past two or three years.

Just arrived in Valencia from uk. Only docs they wanted was registration and insurance. Boat is vat exempt due to age but they weren’t interested anyway.

If you're taking your dog or cat, you might be asked for their up-to-date inoculation certificates.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast