Unhappy Plastimo 609 roller reefing problem

The plastic sleeve around the drum for the reefing pennant does not allow the pennant to run freely onto the drum. Can the sleeve position be adjusted and if so how is this done? Going back out for a sail on Thursday and would like to fix it so the rope clears the slot before setting off.
    Grow old disgracefully, it's more fun

Default Re: Plastimo 609 roller reefing problem

I think you will find two screws that can be slackened to allow it to be repositioned.

Plastimo 609.jpg

Thanks for the info. The boat is on a mooring and I couldn’t see under the sleeve. I assume they are flat bladed or cross heads, not Allen bolts.
    Grow old disgracefully, it's more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat47 View Post
    Thanks for the info. The boat is on a mooring and I couldn’t see under the sleeve. I assume they are flat bladed or cross heads, not Allen bolts.
    I dont know. but I suspect they may be socket headed so take your Allen keys with you (and your Torx drivers just in case). They are not shown as separate parts in the manual but they have nuts as well which I assume are recessed into hexagonal holes.

Installation instructions : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/15...-S.html#manual