Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Default Re: Goodbye red diesel!

Lights Aircraft using avgas ( petrol ) pay duty but can get drawback on file exported from the U.K. how they get it on export to the eu you is a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Bbroomlea View Post
    Hard not to get political on this point but this is purely caused by Belgium complaining in 2010 and the EU commission launching a legal challenge.
    No, this is purely down to the UK Government signing up to something they hadn't thought through and (unlike some of our neighbouring countries) didn't bother to implement.

With the introduction of the 60/40 split and ever increasing fuel prices we have reduced our cruising area significantly, we berth at Southampton and would not bat eyelid at going to pool or even Weymouth for the weekend , but now only go if we have a weeks holiday, I think lots of other people must be doing the same , years ago we never had problem getting into marinas In the Solent but now we have to book in advance, that suggests to me that people just stay local, our marina is not full by any means , all this will do is kill the Lesure boating industry in the uk might have to learn how to sail they canít tax the wind 💨

Quote Originally Posted by Restoration man View Post
    ........ they can’t tax the wind ��
    Dont bet on it!

Quote Originally Posted by sarabande View Post
    I believe that private planes do not pay VAT on their fuel. Should their owners, as a form of parity with recreational boat owners, give up this concession ?
    Not So. 20% VAT and no 60/40 wheeze either.
    As for drawndown on a quick jaunt from UK to France some will consider it not worth the paperwork.

Rochester Airport.
    Tariff

All prices include VAT at 20% except where marked and are correct as at the 1st July 2019. All oils and fuels are priced per litre.
    LANDING FEE SINGLE ENGINED £15.00
    LANDING FEE MULTI ENGINED £25.00
    CIRCUIT SINGLE ENGINED £3.50
    CIRCUIT MULTI ENGINED £5.00
    PARKING (PER NIGHT) SINGLE ENGINED £7.00
    PARKING (PER NIGHT) MULTI ENGINED £9.00
    BULK OIL (W100 & W80) £6.40
    BOTTLED OIL (W100 & W80. S100 & S80) £7.56
    BOTTLED OIL (15/50) £8.76
    JET A1 VAT 5% £0.82
    AVGAS £1.87
    UL-91 £1.87
    Last edited by oldgit; 18-07-19 at 07:55.

The price of diesel even at full road rate will not stop me from boating.
    A boat that uses less fuel and perhaps with a single engine may be a possible future option.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynG View Post
    The price of diesel even at full road rate will not stop me from boating.
    A boat that uses less fuel and perhaps with a single engine may be a possible future option.
    +1
    100% agree.
    Just depends on how important merely being on the water is to you , as opposed to how important it is to have a particular type of boat ?

It will definitely impact how often I use my boat. That brings in the question of amount of use vs cost of ownership. Those that use their boats irregularly or at least cruise any significant distance irregularly will not necessarily feel the pinch. Those like myself that are out very regularly and burn about 1/4 tank every weekend may find they end up halving their excursions out. Even boats have to run to some kind of budget. If I have to cruise at displacement speeds then quite honestly I would not have the time to visit the places I do and conversely if I were so forced to travel at displacement speeds I'd get rid of the mobo in an instant for a sail boat. That much to me is a no brainer.

Berthing has gone up, insurance has gone up and maintenance has gone up. Diesel prices have varied over the last few years, up and down, and after a quick fag packet calculation I reckon I will be paying an extra 4% overall total running costs for the potential increase in duty. Prices in LYH are not bad anyway with volume discount and berth holder discount and if you make the most of a couple of trips over to the CI's fuelling up its not to bad.

Thing is - if this does happen obviously this will affect leisure users not on the fuel costs but value of your boat will drop etc.
    How will this affect the RNLI as they are a charity so not commercial nor leisure?
    Jon

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast