Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Default HMRC consultation on Red Diesel

Link to the article in Motorboat Owner

http://motorboatowner.co.uk/news.php...NJXA_U1wwDnEM0

Default Re: HMRC consultation on Red Diesel

Looks like the consulatation is all about how the end of red diesel will be managed, not whether it will be banned.
    TBH, I don't see any justification for pleasure boats using low-tax fuel.
    Of course we've all been carefully paying the correct tax on our propulsion fuel, so if we fit a separate tank for the heater, we won't be any worse off will we?

This could end a nice little earner for the marinas around here, more people will buy their white from Tesco. Saves a few quid and avoids starting your weekend in the fuel pontoon queue.
    On the bright side, maybe we'll get 24hr pay by card pumps?

No doubt, in the big yachting centres on the south coast of England, access to white diesel will become available. Sailing on the West Coast of Scotland, I fear it will be much more difficult. The cost difference, if any, is not the problem. Availability will be a real serious problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanS View Post
    No doubt, in the big yachting centres on the south coast of England, access to white diesel will become available. Sailing on the West Coast of Scotland, I fear it will be much more difficult. The cost difference, if any, is not the problem. Availability will be a real serious problem.
    Most yotties in Scotland presumably drive cars fuelled by white fuel?
    Maybe people will go back to treating engines as auxillary to the sails and only use quantities of fuel which can reasonably be bought in cans? I'm sure where there's a need there will be an entrepreneurial Scot offering the goods, and a stereotype scot moaning about the price.
    It seems that Ireland is going the same way, no green diesel after January 2020?

It's not about the money - red diesel has no biodiesel in it - i believe that my Yanmar is not supposed to have any biodiesel at all in the fuel...

Quote Originally Posted by NormanS View Post
    I still don't follow why commercial users can't reclaim the tax paid on white via HMRC tax returns, or would that involve a little too much transparency?

Quote Originally Posted by bikedaft View Post
    It's not about the money - red diesel has no biodiesel in it - i believe that my Yanmar is not supposed to have any biodiesel at all in the fuel...
    How many of your type of Yanmar are in Continental Europe running on white bio

Quote Originally Posted by RivalRedwing View Post
    I still don't follow why commercial users can't reclaim the tax paid on white via HMRC tax returns, or would that involve a little too much transparency?
    No different to land based companies running vehicles & claiming vat ect back

Exactly.......

Quote Originally Posted by bikedaft View Post
    red diesel has no biodiesel in it
    Not necessarily true I believe:
    https://www.rya.org.uk/knowledge-adv...ed-diesel.aspx

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast